Outdoor Weddings

Dresses

I am having a outdoor garden wedding in a beautiful place. It's in September, I want my BM to wear long dresses. Do you think it will be too hot? I don't really like short dresses for weddings, I just think long is more formal and my wedding is formal and my dress is a big princess dress. I need some positive feedback ladies : )
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dresses

• edited April 2010
    I had an outdoor garden wedding as well in the Middle of Sept 2009,my bridesmaids wore tea length dresses,but i think it would be fine for your's to wear long dresses,just make sure the fabric is something they will be comfortable in bc it may be hot that day.
  • One word: Cotton. No maufactured fabrics, like polyester or rayon, if you go with long dresses.
  • edited April 2010
    My bridesmaids are wearing floor length, and we went with a lighter fabric.
  • Ok, I see you are CenCal.  I am CenCal born & raised.  Which town are you talking?  This can greatly alter the answer to the question
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • I would suggest chiffon it is light and  airy...I am getting married on the beach and my girls will be in chiffon, but their dresses are knee length...I just wanted them to be comfy, so, I let them pick their own dresses. They are all wearing the same dress they just all loved it!
  • Thanks ladies! I did pick a beautiful chiffon dress that I love and most of my bridesmaids love it also!

To CA2MT4EveR  i'm from Fresno, born and raised here also. How about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:482dd51b-16a8-40c7-b28c-1449972a1dc8Post:b1d7f317-fba3-4dce-89b7-7a762b62cef6">Re: Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! I did pick a beautiful chiffon dress that I love and most of my bridesmaids love it also! To CA2MT4EveR  i'm from Fresno, born and raised here also. How about you?
    Posted by Jartiaga07[/QUOTE]

I grew up in PR and went to school in Fresno (can't you tell from my pic, lol) I think in September it will still be pretty warm, so chiffon is a good choice.
  • My Ceremony and reception will be at Willow Gardens Nursery in Clovis and my florist is a private florist. She is one of my bridesmaids' mom, she lives in Dinuba but works in the Visalia area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to work for Fresno State Floral, that's why I ask.  Willow Gardens is beautiful!
  • Oh how nice.
    And yes it is beautiful! When we first went to look at it I knew that's where I wanted it and I loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards