California-Northern

How much should I expect to pay for alterations?

I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for wedding gown alterations. I've found a seamstress who is very highly reccommended, but I want to make sure her prices are not outrageous before I make an appointment.

I'm going to need to get my dress bustled, hemmed, have the halter strap taken in, and probably have the entire dress itself taken in a bit (I've lost about 10 pounds since I purchased the dress, and I plan on losing a bit more still). The dress has an all-over lace overlay. If anyone has had similar alterations done, I would love to hear what you paid, so I can get an idea of what the average is.

Also, if anyone has other reccommendations, I will take them! I'm in San Jose, but I'm willing to travel almost anywhere in the Bay Area if the seamstress is good and reasonably priced.

TIA!

Re: How much should I expect to pay for alterations?

• aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your probably going to have to pay more than $100 for everything you need done. depending upon where you take it.

I'm paying $90 something for VERY minimal alterations, and steaming. What I'm getting done is a 1 hook French bustle, cups sewn in, and steaming. That's it.

HTH! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I paid $300 for hemming (my dress had a special border), a bustle and I had cap sleeves made (I bought a wrap to use as the material there which was included in this price) 
  • edited December 2011
    Some of my friends in your area used Si Arima for alterations and were pleased. 
  • edited December 2011
    I paid around $300... I had to get the dress taken in and added crinoline to the inside of the dress. My dress had a lot of beading on it so that's why it was that high.
    ~Rochelle~
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards