Washington-Seattle
Options

Wedding Help Thursday

What do you need ideas/inspiration/help with?
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Wedding Help Thursday

• Options
    meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Enclosure Cards:
    Is it ok to just include a small card referring people to our website for accomodations, directions, etc.?  Or is that tacky?  My train of thought is that it's less paper to include with the invitations, and in this day in age most people use the internet and can get everything off the website.  And with the directions, most people will probably use GPS or google maps anyway I think.

Please let me know if this is reasonable or if I'm breaking the rules!

• Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    meganhardan:  I think that's perfectly acceptable.  Maybe include an additional insert only for grandparents, unless they are tech saavy.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those were my exact thoughts and that's exactly what I did.  For the grandparents or other non-computer users, our family is close enough that we're just relaying the information to them.

HELP:  I am in such a dilemma for transportation.  We are over budget and can't do a limo or transportation for the whole wedding party.  I'm such a worry-wart and want people to be happy, so I'm very concerned about what my wedding party will do while FI just doesn't care - "They'll figure it out.  Not our responsibility."  We getting ready at hotel, having ceremony at a park, and then reception at a different venue.  What are other people doing for transportation? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nbrodie-- That's what I was thinking about grandparents and other non-internet savvy people, my parents have been in touch with them already about hotels, and they will probably have someone drive them to the ceremony anyway.

We aren't doing a limo or anything either :(  I really, really wanted to, but couldn't justify spending the money on it (we have a really big wedding party).  We are just having the wedding party all car pool together.  Honestly, I'm a little worried about it too, mainly because I don't want anyone to be disapointed there is no limo, and it's one more thing for the WP to have to worry about.  But, my FI has the same attitude as yours, they're adults and will figure it out. 
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wedding-thursday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:9121d27a-ae0a-4218-a03b-e51993bee993Post:0bedd0f2-7b2b-4939-be30-738d3dd37d4b">Re: Wedding Help Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]HELP:  I am in such a dilemma for transportation.  We are over budget and can't do a limo or transportation for the whole wedding party.  I'm such a worry-wart and want people to be happy, so I'm very concerned about what my wedding party will do while FI just doesn't care - "They'll figure it out.  Not our responsibility."  We getting ready at hotel, having ceremony at a park, and then reception at a different venue.  What are other people doing for transportation? 
    Posted by nbrodie[/QUOTE]

Transportation for the WP is on my Top 3 List of things driving me INSANE, it's not 100% figured out right now, but this is what we "think" we're doing (and we are getting ready at the hotel, then going to ceremony/reception venue- same place):

OOT MOH (who is driving to her parents' home after the reception), FSIL's boyfriend, and FI's cousin will drive my side of the wedding party to the venue 2 hours before the ceremony.
    Then GMs and FI will be driven by GMs' SOs to the venue a couple of hours before the ceremony (for photos).

If worst comes to worst, we'll get a few taxis to take us to the venue from the hotel.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Options
    NarginiaNarginia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My worry of the day is kind of a small one. We are all going and getting our nails done the Friday before and then seeing the movie "Bridesmaids" at the cinnebarre in MLT. My question that I cant decide is if I want to do the classic french tip or if I want to paint them red?

Any thoughts or personal opinons on what you would do?

Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wedding-thursday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:9121d27a-ae0a-4218-a03b-e51993bee993Post:6557b1d5-e262-4d84-ab7e-52291200774a">Re: Wedding Help Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My worry of the day is kind of a small one. We are all going and getting our nails done the Friday before and then seeing the movie "Bridesmaids" at the cinnebarre in MLT. My question that I cant decide is if I want to do the classic french tip or if I want to paint them red? Any thoughts or personal opinons on what you would do? Thanks!
    Posted by Narginia[/QUOTE]

imo, I think french tip nails are a little dated.  But if you love them, feel free to have them done french tip-style.  I love bright colors and would wear the red.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Options
    NarginiaNarginia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks MGoss. I was leaning towards the red anyways and just needed a little re assurance! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for red!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to find a local jeweler who can make my necklace and earrings for me.  My direct supervisor is a custom jeweler so I have to be careful about who I choose in the area so she doesn't get her nose out of joint.  Anyone know someone around Federal Way/Auburn/Kent?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards