Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal shower

Hi ladies

My MOH has offered to throw me a bridal shower. I initially refused but she persisted so I let it go. The more I think about it, the more I feel I don't want it. Is it too late to refuse now? I dont think she has started any official planning (no guest list, no date, no venue, etc) Wedding is in May, so shower would probably around March/April.

Side note - any ladies who did not have a shower - did you ever regret it? Feel like you missed out? I think that may be why I'm holding back on telling her is the fear that I might be missing out on something (if that makes any sense?) I know that nobody is entitled to these things but maybe some other perspectives may help me.

TIA :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal shower

• I didn't have one and didn't regret it. It just wasn't something that was important to me. I would have felt like I missed out on something if I didn't have a bachelorette party, but not a shower. If you really don't want one, I would tell your MOH that you just aren't comfortable having one.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks Addie - I think sometimes saying it aloud/writing it makes the answer more obvious ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • To be honest I did miss it. My bridal party was scattered and my mom and sister told me they were too busy with their own lives and to suck it up. That is what pissed me off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards