Illinois-Chicago
Options

Joliet Area - Budget?

Hi! We're looking at getting married on the 24th of March, and ideally I want a garden wedding, but with this being Chicago, I don't trust the weather to do an outdoor venue.

I'm still at the early stages of planning, (found a dress but thats it!) I need some help. My dad had suggested churches that have halls or even a VFW. Honestly, I'm not religious, so I'd feel kind of hypocritical with the church idea. And I don't know how a VFW would be. *I don't want it to be trashy.. I'm looking at 100-150 people, and have a tiny, tiny budget.

Any ideas would be appriciated.
Thanks!
Steph

Re: Joliet Area - Budget?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Barber Oberwortmann Horticultural Center in Joliet off of Gougar Road.  My cousin got married there a few years ago and it was gorgeous and the reception hall inside was nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our e-pics taken at Birdhaven Green House in New Lenox/Joliet border. Not sure of exact address but google it. There was a bride there taking pics when we were there actually! So that could possibly give u a place to take pics. My FI's older bro got marries years ago at the New Lenox VFW hall. I wasn't there, but he said it was nice and they catered food right from the hall.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sparkle1985Sparkle1985 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They do weddings at the birdhaven green house too... and we also took our engagement photos there :)
  • Options
    lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The greenhouse is at the Barber and Oberwortmann Horticulture center.  I'm getting married there on the 23 of June, and I'm really excited about it!  It's super pretty and had a good indoor option in the greenhouse in case of rain.  I'll have about 200 people and it will cost about 10,000 for a family style dinner.  It includes the hall, food, access to the grounds, linens, etc.

Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. My other thing is that I'm not sure that I want to cater through whatever location I do end up choosing.. Or if I did, I'm thinking more of either and hor durves reception or just desert. I don't know how tacky that would be though..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    176 west banquet hall in joliet. She does an amazing job! the pictures on the website are old and they have since made the venue about 100 times prettier. They are also VERY reasonable! If you want to contact them PM me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    jlawhead777jlawhead777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The 176 or Slys Banquets is big, but they do a great job with decorating the inside for weddings. You'll have to check it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards