Ohio-Toledo

help with reception CHAIRS!

Hi All,

so my reception site is offering to rent me chairs for the reception at $4.90 a chair.  Its the nicer bamboo style chair.  Do you know of any vendors that would be cheaper?  $4.90 doesn't sound like much till you multiply that by 200!!!

thanks all!!!

Re: help with reception CHAIRS!

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meredith Party rental has basic folding chairs for $1 each.  If you don't like these, you could rent chair covers and still be ahead of $4.90.  They also have a nicer wood folding chair with padding that is $2.70 each.  I believe these come in either black or white.  They also charge a delivery fee.  You can pick these up and transport them yourself to save some money if you want.

http://www.meredithpartyrentals.com/

We used this company for almost all of our rentals (including the chairs) and were happy with their services.  I would definitely rent from them again.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are they chivari chairs??  That's a pretty good price for them... I like that style much better than the typical chair covers/banquet chairs.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Why is your reception location making you rent chairs??

• dot36dot36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they aren't "making" us rent chairs, but their chairs are rather awful looking and they aren't all the same.  Since I would be spending money on chair covers anyways, I rather get the nicer chivari chairs, but they are crazy pricey!  so I wondered if someone has any suggestions on cheaper rental places......
  • medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Where is your reception at? I dont like the chairs at my site either, but hadn't considered renting others.
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh, that's insanely expensive!! I hope you find a better deal! I agree with PP, try Meredith Party Rentals. I couldn't justify spending almost a thousand dollars on charis, either! Yikes! Good luck, and let us know what you find!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used chair covers for my chairs at Lourdes.  I believe my covers were 1.50.  It is Lady lucks coverups out of Monroe MI.
  • edited December 2011
    I would reccomend Your Perfect Day for covers. They were the cheapest I had found and they did a wonderful job.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought Chiavari chairs because I didn't want to spend $6 renting them. I will rent them for $4.00 if you are interested or email me and we can work something out. I am located in Mercer County and only keep them in storage so they would need to be picked up. kaelagardner@yahoo.com. thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards