California-Bay Area

Bay Area Photogs

Hi ladies,
I'm looking for some photographer recs for the Bay Area (any that would work in San Jose).  I have a friend looking in need of a good rec and I refuse to recommend the photographer I used for our wedding. 

TIA!!

Re: Bay Area Photogs

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she's interested in paying $500 extra in travelling fees, I think my photographer has AMAZING photos.  Check out Andre Niesing Photography; his blog is incredible: http://anphotoblog.com/. He's the best I've seen in California, but he lives down in Orange County.  His packages start at $3,900, which is expensive.  However, there are many more photographers in the Bay Area who are worse and charge more. 

I haven't done my engagement or wedding photos yet, so I don't know what to say about Andre's services.  He's hard to get in touch with, he's just so busy and in high demand. 
  • edited December 2011

After meeting with numerous photographers We went with JL Photografia. They are amazing and have such a great eye and I would recommend them anytime. They are out of Pacific Grove and will travel around the bay area without a travel fee. They are on the higher end but well worth it. Check out there blog  www.jlphotografia.com/theblog/ and there website is www.jlphotografia.com. Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    check out A Perfect Impression. They are located in San Leandro but is willing to travel.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Jerry Lee Photography, he travels anywhere.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • amwot8amwot8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We use Albert Lau (based in Walnut Creek, but travels) and couldn't have been happier. He was so easy to work with and did a fabulous job! our package was about 5,500, which is pricey, but absolutely worth it. His package included our album and 2 parent albums (one for each set of parents) and our parents were also very happy with how it turned out. Check out www.albertlauphoto.com/blog
    Best of luck!
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Norbert von der Groeben.  He's based out of Palo Alto.  He works as a photographer for local newspapers, does photojournalist styled wedding pictures.  I really liked him when I met him, and I really liked his look book.
  • edited December 2011
    I 100% Reccommend Andrew Steele Photography to ANYONE! He is based in Vallejo, but will travel. His photos are beautiful and his prices are AMAZING! For what you get with him, his prices are out of this world amazing.
    http://www.andrewsteelephotography.com
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Passion Art Photography.  They are located out of San Jose and are really friendly.  It is a husband and wife team so it really helps having the extra photographer for no extra charge.  Check out their website at passionartphtography.com 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Julie Cheshire, she's absolutely awesome. She's super easy to work with, fun to chat with and takes awesome pictures. She's also extremely reasonable.

www.juliecheshire.com
    Photobucket
  • kmpobutakmpobuta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AMAZING.... Amanda Knupher...
    http://akphotographer.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We used Ille Photography.  Based in Sac but travels to Bay Area.  Amazing work and good value.  www.illephotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    www.volatilephoto.com Kristy Ahumada :-)  
    Anniversary
  • bossybigsisbossybigsis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm working with Matthias based in SF - he has very reasonable price and really good packages.  we were very happy with our engagement session with him and are looking forward to our wedding later this year.  he works with top notch photograhers as his second shooter if you get the packages w/ 2 photographers. 
    worth checking him out: Matthias Photography

good luck
  • BubbalubBubbalub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Terra Tabbytosavit

www.terratabbytosavit.com

She is amazing, reasonably priced and a true artist. We love her!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You've got to check out Mike Danen:
    http://www.mikedanen.net/
    Absolutely beautiful, and reasonable prices!

~Mardi
  • annapires79annapires79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check this website out....he did our engagement pics and he is affordable! He's starting his business but he is awesome. website is marioantoniophotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards