Students

Disneyland?

My brother has an internship though his culinary school to work at Disneyland. Due to..acedemic issues, he may take a break and tuen it down. We were going to go visit him so if he doesn't go to the internship, we won't go (we meaning my mother, my FI and I). We joked that if we don't go to there this year, we would go for our honeymoon. We got weird looks and remarks that going to disney for a honeymoon was immature and childish. 

So my question is: disney as a honeymoon? Yay or nay? why? Are there any things to do as an adult?

Re: Disneyland?

• I feel like Disney is almost as traditional a honeymoon spot as Niagara Falls.
  • I love Disneyland. Who says you have to be stuffy and grown up on your honeymoon? Not everyone is into laying on the beach in some tropical area. I actually get really anxious and agitated on vacations if I am not moving constantly. Or at least doing some activity such as snorkeling. Marriage can be difficult so starting it off with some light hearted fun sounds good to me.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm getting married at Disney World.. I don't find it childish at all.

I'm not honeymooning at Disney but I know plenty of people who have. Honestly, there's tons to do outside the theme parks-- fine dining, spas, golfing, etc.  

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I don't think there is anything immature or childish about going to Disneyland for your honeymoon.  I have never been to Disney, and have thrown the idea out there to my partner that I think it woiuld be a great spot.  Whoever is telling you these negative opinions needs to keep their mouth shut and just let you have fun and enjoy your honeymoon.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • My brother and his wife went to Disneyworld for their HM, and FI and I got engaged at Disneyland. I think it's awesome!
  • I think it's awesome! My parents lived around there before they had my brother and I and they said going an adults with no kids is SO fun. 
  • Awesome!!
    The Disneyland here in CA has a great hotel connected to California Adventure and Downtown Disney (The California Grand). It is a bit more expensive than the others but totally worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards