July 2013 Weddings
Options

Has this happened to anyone else?

FI and I have both been extremely busy with the semester wrapping up (three more weeks!) So we haven't had any time to be together and enjoy each others company.  We went to his best friend (and hopefully best man)'s birthday party, and long story short, I that night I had an inappropriate dream about the friend.  Now I'm worried that it's a problem that I find his friend attractive. 

Someone reassure me that being in love doesn't mean I won't ever think anyone else is appealing, and it's not a big deal? I would NEVER want to cheat on/leave my FI, he's my soul mate and best friend.

Re: Has this happened to anyone else?

• Options
    It is NOT a big deal. You will most definitely find yourself attracted to men other than your FH (and I would bet a million bucks he is still attracted to other women, whether he would admit it or not). Dreams happen on a subconscious level that we have ZERO control over, and are simply symbols for things that may be happening in your real life. I am no dream reader, but a dream about a different man may mean that you crave something different in the bedroom. I've had dreams about FH's friends in the past. We spend lots of time with them and their wives/GF's so it's bound to happen. But, I totally understand. When I dream about men other than FH, it TOTALLY freaks me out for a while. 
  • Options
    Even if you think your dream means your attracted to your FI's friend it doesn't matter if you don't act on it.  No big deal. Like you said, he's your soul mate and your best friend and you can't imagine being with anyone else. 

I have heard about dreaming about someone else can mean that you see qualities in that person that you would like to see in your relationship.  Maybe if you can pinpoint what that is you can talk about it with your FI and its something you can work on together.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    It's not a big deal until you act on it, I always say. I think you will be fine.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    totally agree with the PPs. there's nothing wrong with window watching, and appreciating a nice view!! as long as your man is the only man in your bed every night, there's no reason not to let your mind wander. :) it's healthy to fantasize. and dream cheating is the only kind of cheating you're allowed ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Totally not a big deal! We are humans and allowed to find other guys attractive as long as we don't act on it- that is where love wins over lust Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards