Christian Weddings

Thanksgiving Poll

I saw this on TN and thought we could give it a shot:

So are you hosting or going elsewhere?

If you have to travel how far are you going?

What are you planning on cooking/bringing?

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?

Are you going shopping tomorrow night?

What are you most thankful for this year?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thanksgiving Poll

• So are you hosting or going elsewhere? going to my IL's

If you have to travel how far are you going? about 15 minutes

What are you planning on cooking/bringing? baking a pie and making brownies

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? I used to watch the parade but I am starting a new tradation of walking in the drumstick dash

Are you going shopping tomorrow night? no

What are you most thankful for this year? my family

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So are you hosting or going elsewhere? Going elsewhere

If you have to travel how far are you going? 5-6 hours. Thankfully I'm not driving, fiance is.

What are you planning on cooking/bringing? Fiance is cooking the ham with his dad. I'm making corn pudding when we get there. His sister, who's going with us, is making fried apples. Fiance's parents are staying in town- his mom has to work on Thanksgiving day :(.

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? We're making new traditions as we go. My family usually eats Thanksgiving dinner at 1pm. His family usually eats at 5 and rotates between his parents' house, his uncle's house, and his grandfather's house. This year it's at his uncle's house in Charlotte. Since we'll be too far away to do dinner with my family, we're going to my hometown on Sunday. We are going to a pick a restaurant for lunch and invite anyone to join us who wants to see us.  Other than food, fiance's family has a really fun game tradition. Every year on Thanksgiving night or in the next few days, the whole family gets together and plays UNO.  They play for several rounds.  At the end, the winner gets a trophy.  They have a little ledger attached to the bottom of the trophy where they keep track of the winners.

Are you going shopping tomorrow night? Heck no!

What are you most thankful for this year? My fiance. It sounds cliche, but I don't know what I would do without him. We've been together for 1.5 years today, and engaged for 1 year. Less than a year to go until the wedding!

Anniversary
  • So are you hosting or going elsewhere? going elsewhere

If you have to travel how far are you going? about two miles

What are you planning on cooking/bringing? sweet potato casserole.  I'm waiting for DH to get home to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients.  I have a feelings it's going to be crowded.

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?  Watching the parade in the morning. 

Are you going shopping tomorrow night? nope

What are you most thankful for this year? I'm very thankful for access to doctors and medicine.  My mental health is so much better, and and in the past month we've finally been getting my migraines under control.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So are you hosting or going elsewhere? DH and I are going to my parents house.
    If you have to travel how far are you going? About an hour and a half drive.
    What are you planning on cooking/bringing? We may bring some wine and pumpkin muffins for breakfast/brunch.
    Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Watching the dog show, helping my mom make lots of food.
    Are you going shopping tomorrow night? Not tomorrow night, no. I may go Friday morning (7 a.m., not 4 a.m. like some people like to do).
    What are you most thankful for this year? Stability. Things were kind of chaotic for a while, and now we've settled into a routine that works for us, and it seems like everything is secure.
  • So are you hosting or going elsewhere? Going to a friend's place, as flying to the opposite coast is too far.
    If you have to travel how far are you going? Ten minute drive.
    What are you planning on cooking/bringing?
     I'm just bringing some chardonnay and flowers. 
    Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Not really. Just eat good food. 
    Are you going shopping tomorrow night? Nope. Too much homework.
    What are you most thankful for this year? Two things. First, my health has gotten a lot better this year after I had surgery in January. Second, I have a legal job pretty much guaranteed after I graduate.  I was really stressed earlier about that, as the legal market is really bad. 
  • So are you hosting or going elsewhere? Going elsewhere

If you have to travel how far are you going?- It's a little over an hour

What are you planning on cooking/bringing? I brought the dinner rolls

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Ya we always play a game.

Are you going shopping tomorrow night? No

What are you most thankful for this year? My husband, who loves me and without him I couldn't make it through this difficult time. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards