Snarky Brides

Can we do something?

TAKA? AKA? Confessions (not tk)? Vents? Open letters? Something???? I'm bored :(

Re: Can we do something?

• God yes please, this board (with the exception of this week's epic AYG) completely sucks hairy ass cheeks.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:a24cbd93-7e63-447c-a8ab-fd524e4af17f">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]God yes please, this board (with the exception of this week's epic AYG) completely sucks hairy ass cheeks.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the century. Wtf is going on??
  • If it sucks hairy ass cheeks, does that technically count as flossing then?  The ADA would approve I think. 

Fine, I'll AKA.  Steph, are you as blunt and BS-intolerant IRL as you are on here? 
  • We should do something with pics. Hot men, 'post in here, I'll post a picture of your cat twin'. Visuals, people, visuals!
  • Pics are always fun. 

I don't any pics of hairy ass cheeks, though.  You're welcome.
    panther
  • I'm on my phone, I can't see or post pics. I vote no.
  • Dear Coworker,

You're not a "fixer". Stop trying to fix everything.  When I say "I saw a great antique secretary on Craigslist last night, but when I e-mailed the owner they said it had just sold." saying "You should have saved the pics so other-coworker's dad can custom make you one!" isn't helpful.  Then arguing when I say "I don't want to have one made" makes no sense.  I don't want a new one, that's not wrong, it's a preference. 

Please leave me alone so I can nap in my cube.
    - Pirate
  • edited January 2012
    Can I just gripe about my idiot co-worker a bit?

He just annoys theSHIT out of me.  For example, I mentioned to him just before Christmas that I was running to Target after work to pick up some gift wrapping supplies.  He goes "Oh, you should go to Zippy's (or something like that) in Moorhead."  Upon further explanation of this Zippy's, I find that it's a dollar store.  Nothing wrong with shopping for stuff at a dollar store, but my co-worker is always trying to suggest things to me that are like, I dunno, against social norms or something.  I've never freaking heard of this damn place.  It's in Moorhead, which is completely out of my way - Target is on my way home.  I also had a couple other things to pick up which I could probably get at Target and not find at a dollar store.  And really?  You think I couldn't find a 99 cent gift bag at Target?  GAWD.  JUST QUIT SUCKING.
    panther
  • Want to do an "I judge"? I'll start one up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Confession: I hate dollar stores. 75% of what's sold in them is cheap cause its crap. Maybe I'm being snooty but I hate everything about them.
  • Dear Maybelline,

Please don't ever stop making Dream Smooth Mousse or Dream Matte Mousse. Those products have changed my life and my face looks awesome.

Bare Minerals,

Your primer sucks.

Fresh face,
    me
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:18761e1d-71c9-4616-a23a-5ec7cbd206cb">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can we talk about this?  The FBI is updating its definition of rape to include men as victims. <a href="http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-06/fbi-rape-definition-adds-men/52398350/1" rel="nofollow">http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-06/fbi-rape-definition-adds-men/52398350/1</a>
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

That's interesting.  I didn't know that it could or couldn't be called rape depending on which genitals the victim had.
    panther
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:6abd66d7-c3b3-44c8-b8d3-25b49a9f5115">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB is this the same co-worker you've mentioned before?

UGH YES.  I mentioned this the other day but on Tuesday he took a FOUR HOUR LUNCH.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:5fe98857-591a-4686-a039-910dcf8bfec7">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Want to do an "I judge"? I'll start one up.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Already did it tuesday
  • I have a vent.  Im really pissed at whoever handles our paychecks here at school.  We get paid every other Wednesday so we should have been paid two days ago.  They ahve always been great about paying us on time every other week, so I have easily been able to calculate how much I can pay on my bills and when based on when I know my check is coming.  We didn't have school Wednesday, so I figured they were coming yesterday.  I was even told yesterday morning that we would have them by the end of the day.  The end of the day came and went and no checks for anyone.  The head of the school left right after school to be out of town until the middle of next week, so even though the checks are done now (two days late), we can't ahve them because she's not here to sign them.  I'm not pleased.  FI had to send money over to my account just so I don't overdraft on my student loans that get pulled out on this day every month (which I have no control over).  The lady claims she couldn't come in on Tuesday because of some sort of class she takes on Tuesdays that switched to earlier in the morning.  Okkay? You do it normally on any given other week, so what was so weird bout this week? Does this mean it will be a problem for weeks to come too then?
  • Today is my last day at work and I'm sick. I'm pissed that I'm spending this time feeling miserable. And I'm wearing out my delete and forward buttons. That's a great feeling.

• That's annoying Chels.  We get paid every other Friday, and if we have a holiday on a Friday and don't have to come to work - they pay us on the day before!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:89f509be-f7df-4d4a-ac08-0ecdf5be3a4c">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we do something? : I remember you said that.  How is that at all appropriate? MilkDuds, I thought she was referring to the one previously that she mentioned more often.

It's the same guy.  I work in an office with four other middle aged men who all kind of have their quirks but usually when I'm mentioning my suckass co-worker, it's this guy.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:ee74f9c4-37e1-45f7-8bb9-769c58faaacb">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a vent.  Im really pissed at whoever handles our paychecks here at school.  We get paid every other Wednesday so we should have been paid two days ago.  They ahve always been great about paying us on time every other week, so I have easily been able to calculate how much I can pay on my bills and when based on when I know my check is coming.  We didn't have school Wednesday, so I figured they were coming yesterday.  I was even told yesterday morning that we would have them by the end of the day.  The end of the day came and went and no checks for anyone.  The head of the school left right after school to be out of town until the middle of next week, so even though the checks are done now (two days late), we can't ahve them because she's not here to sign them.  I'm not pleased.  FI had to send money over to my account just so I don't overdraft on my student loans that get pulled out on this day every month (which I have no control over).  The lady claims she couldn't come in on Tuesday because of some sort of class she takes on Tuesdays that switched to earlier in the morning.  Okkay? You do it normally on any given other week, so what was so weird bout this week? Does this mean it will be a problem for weeks to come too then?
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Aw HELLLLLLL NO!!   That is all. 
  • Chels, they don't give you the option for DD? I guess that's a dumb question because they actually have someone sign the checks, but holy freaking Flintstones, who doesn't offer DD now?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:97917489-2940-4f6e-8da8-4af483887a21">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I hate dollar stores. 75% of what's sold in them is cheap cause its crap. Maybe I'm being snooty but I hate everything about them.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about most of what is sold in Walmart. It is cheap crap that you will just have to replace sooner rather than later.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • One time, there was a glitch in our direct deposit and we didn't get paid til the following Wednesday.  That was kind of an inconvenience, lol.  I went up to our payroll lady on Tuesday and said, "Not to sound... I dunno... like a 'gimme my money' brat, but when do we get paid?"  And she apologized profusely and promised that the issue was going to be resolved asap.  She also told me I didn't sound like a brat for asking about my paycheck, lol.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:97917489-2940-4f6e-8da8-4af483887a21">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I hate dollar stores. 75% of what's sold in them is cheap cause its crap. Maybe I'm being snooty but I hate everything about them.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Their 99cent stuff is way crappier than a regular store's 99cent stuff too, somehow.
  • Seriously, what place actually still pays by cheque, no way would I put up with that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:7a5e10a3-c0c7-4201-bf88-c0b2b396536f">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea why can't they do direct deposit?

I wish they would.  We are a really small school.

And wtf.
    This is the conversation I just had with FI (after we decided a couple weeks ago to invite the guys/their spouses from his work but not their kids)

Him: hey, that guy that you met at the comeidan thing asked if he could bring his 6 year old daughter to our wedding. i told him yes.

Me:
    a) that was so rude of him
    b) i thought we weren't having them bring their kids
    c) don't tell him no, it's too late now
    d) now we have to invite all of their kids

Him: <span>he's the one that said they're usual present for the bride/groom is a $200 check so it still covers her plate. and we don't have to invite the kids of the others, we can just do his.

:headdesk:
    </span>
  • I'm pretty sure getting a "live' check isn't even an option here. I think you have to have DD.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would be so pissed if I didn't get paid on time, or with frickin check!! 

When I used to work for a different school district we had DD, and we got paid on the 25th of every month.  One month there was a technical problem and our payment didn't deposit until the END of the work day not the beginning.  Payroll actually called me and apologized as well as offering any late fees or overdraft fees I may have incurrred because of this.  I was shocked and impressed. Especially since that district was defunct in like every other way.

• I hate going places, the bank is near the top of my list. Walmart, the doctors office, costco on saturday, and places with large congregations of old and or dumb people are other places on my list..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:603ada47-8323-4096-852d-86a426110ef0Post:b3487191-54e8-418c-bac3-1284e465f270">Re: Can we do something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure getting a "live' check isn't even an option here. I think you have to have DD.
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

That's how it was at my last job - you had to have DD.
  • I judge the people that use the main break room who don't clean up after themselves. I judge the asshole who took off their used band-aide and left it on one of the tables people eat on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards