Louisiana-New Orleans

Reception Venue/Outside Catering

I would really love to find a reception venue in the FQ area that allowed outside catering. My FI is from Wisconsin, I'm from Alabama and we both really want to have a wide variety of southern, cajun and creole choices during the cocktail hour/reception because this might be the only chance some of his friends/family have to eat and enjoy the food we love so much. We haven't had much luck finding a reception venue with menu choices we would like to serve. Any suggestions on a venue that does have a good menu or a venue with outside catering? Thank you so much for any help you can give!

Re: Reception Venue/Outside Catering

• louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I booked my wedding at the New Orleans Board of Trade.  They don't allow outside catering, but Pigeon Catering was fantastic and very reasonable.  Their packages start at $60/person including open bar, tax and gratuity.  Everyone at my wedding raved about the food and they were very accommodating of any changes that we wanted to make.

Pigeon is also a great caterer to consider at other venues.
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    The wax museum allows outside catering and they are in the french quarter
  • The Wax Museum. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Fianc is from Alabama Mobile and I'm from California! We decided on Bourbon House. They were very reasonable and had a variety of menu options. Check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try one of the state museums like The Cabildo or The Presbytere,  Old U.S. Mint or maybe The Degas House?
  • You also need to bring in your own caterer for Race & Religious, but it's not that close to the French Quarter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards