Nebraska

Camo Wedding....

Okay, so I am willing to admit that my husband to be is a bit of a - shall we say - redneck.  That said, he wants to have his groomsmen wear camo vests under their tux jackets.  I am okay with this, however, my only concern is that I want my bridesmaid dresses to be a medium pink color.  Anybody else in this situation and have advice?
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Camo Wedding....

• rotellarotella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Can't he for just one day, wear something that will match your wedding colors? IF your colors are green and brown, then i think the vests will work, but if not I think that will just look silly. Especially with pink dresses on your bm's. Sorry, just being honest...

**LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE**

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Buying A Home

• missmelismamissmelisma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually think pink and green look good together.  I think it will be fine, particularly if it's the style of tux that doesn't show the vest all that much. I'm a strong proponent of "letting" the groom make some meaningful decisions, even if they're a little bit out there. Key phrase: "A little bit." I think this qualifies. It will make him happy, so why not?
  • missmelismamissmelisma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe incorporate pink with the boutonnieres?
  • edited December 2011

I was just in a friend's wedding where she let her husband/groomsmen/father wear camo vests.  In my personal opinion it looked really silly.  The rest of her day was very elegant and classy and those vests just didn't go.  Even my hunting-enthusiast FI didn't think it was appropriate considering the atmosphere of the rest of the day.  I think if the camo jives with your theme, then go for it, but if not I'd steer clear.

• jbial002jbial002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is the same way, only it was me that chose the camo vests to incorporate the guys style into the wedding. He basically told me that most of the guys wouldnt wear a full tux or suit that would be in the wedding so to solve the problem I saw some pictures of the mossy oak camo. Then when I looked online found so many things in camo for weddings, I never knew they made so much stuff. I also want either apple red, watermelon pink, or berry purple as my bridesmaid dresses havent fully decided which color yet. So while internet browsing the camo idea I found camo sashes, I was thinking of using that on the BM dresses to tie in the camo and having the guys have the dress color as the guys corsage color. I going to do some experimenting soon. Will get back to you, when is your wedding, mine will be a fall wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married j=June 11, 2011 under a gazebo at a local park. We're pretty laid back people, so I'm thinking the heck with.  I get the pink that I want and he gets the camo he wants.  We're both happy with it so why not?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a camo wedding and we will be adding hot pink to it so yes I think it will look fine. If you are wanting to incorporate more camo in the girls wrap thier bougets stems in camo ribbon. You can find it at snydercreek. Also you can add the camo sash to the dresses if you want more. For the guys just add the color in the boutineers. We are doing camo dresses and adding pink in the flower bouqets and there is also pink on the trim of the dresses. I say you should for sure let him have a part in the wedding. To me marriage is about compromise and this is the first step in your marriage. Congrats.
  • BobbiemarieBobbiemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married in a few years and were as well doing the camo wedding! This is my 2nd wedding and his 1st so im letting him call the shots and really he wanted my girls to have pink so we could have a girly/manly wedding lol! But im doing my girls in champain, Brown and Green! Were also haveing it in a barn! I guess really it all depends where the wedding is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards