Not Engaged Yet

AW: First week of Marathon training in the books! (PIP)

So I decided to track the next 24 weeks of my marathon training so I can scrap the process. We finished out week one long run, 5 miles! Here is what we looked like after.

My goal with this whole thing is to see the physical changes in my body and of course be able to finish 26.2 miles in October. I have my first day of bootcamp tonight and they will be taking measurements. If I like the place my mom and I are going to I will probably splurge and stick with it.

Re: AW: First week of Marathon training in the books! (PIP)

• That is so awesome. Yay PIP!

• That is an awesome idea. I just fished week one of the couch to 5k program. I think I'll start pics when I finish week 2.

Good luck with the training!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-first-week-of-marathon-training-in-the-books-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:db5aa46b-9034-4306-bf71-57af1bbef0ffPost:3bc48c9d-a4af-4aab-86b7-46a1de1a582e">Re: AW: First week of Marathon training in the books! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is an awesome idea. I just fished week one of the couch to 5k program. I think I'll start pics when I finish week 2. Good luck with the training!!!
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

It definately does help to see the physical changes to help you realize its worth it.

• Wow that is awesome. yay pics!

Anniversary

• Congrats! Great picture! You'll be taking a picture every week?
  • Yay!  Congrats on finishing your first week!  And good luck!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-first-week-of-marathon-training-in-the-books-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:db5aa46b-9034-4306-bf71-57af1bbef0ffPost:d771c007-e99b-477f-b308-a9906b3c002f">Re:AW: First week of Marathon training in the books! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Great picture! You'll be taking a picture every week?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Not real sure. I might just do every 5 wks so the changes are more noticable, but when I do post the newest one I will post the oldest with it. Every 5 weeks the long runs go up by 5s. So week 5 we run 10 miles, wk 10 15 miles and whatnot.

• Congratulations Stina!

I recommend taking a picture once a month--and doing measurements once a month. That way you're not discouraged by the "no changes" weeks, but you can still see progress over time at month intervals. :)

I wish I could run. Stupid plantar faschiitis.
  • Congratulations, and go girl go!
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Yay!  That's such an exciting goal!  Good luck with your training, keep us updated!
    Anniversary
  • Yay Stina! Congrats on making it through week one! :) 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • You have a great plan mapped out... can't wait to hear how the marathon goes. We all know October sounds like a long way away, but it will be here before you know it!

I'm starting Insanity tomorrow (I only have a month until my honeymoon... ack), and then in mid-July my CWs and I are going to start a cross-fit bootcamp at work. It will be so nice to have people to work out with during the day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Thanks every.

Ugh Tiger, don't remind me!

That is awesome that you and your CWs are going to do something. I work with a bunch of lazy people!

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Great start, Stina!  Good luck on your training and keep us posted!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards