Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Boudoir photos?

Haha, I've heard of these photos being done and I'm wondering... do brides do them for their husbands as wedding gifts, or what? Has anyone here done them or heard of them being done?
TIA!

Re: Boudoir photos?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I know alot of brides who have done them. some girls give them for b-day, christmas and day of gifts. I'm doing them and giving an album to my FH as a day of the wedding gift.

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did them for our first anniversary (paper).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have become increasingly popular the last few years.  I didn't do them and never intend to, but those who do usually enjoy the experience.  I have heard it described as fun and empowering for the ladies, and the men are usually very surprised when they get the finished product (photos, book, etc).  I agree with PPs - seems they are most commonly done either as a wedding day gift or as an anniversary present.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I saw a news program on these and told me never ever do it. He also thinks the sexiest thing I can wear is a t shirt and blue jeans so it really depends on your guy. If you think he will like it and feel comfortable doing it I say go for it. But make sure he is ok with it before you do. If I do them it will spark a huge fight because he doesn't like that stuff.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vondaleevondalee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! Yes, I was thinking of doing them for future hubby as a wedding day gift to be opened on maybe the first day of the honeymoon. VERY classy pictures, though! :) I think he'd like it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a question about this for ladies who have done this. I mentioned doing this for my FI as a wedding gift to my sister and she brought up the point of: what do you do with the album afterwards? Its not exactly something that you would leave sitting out on the coffee table. I originally thought that it was a really good idea, but now I'm not so sure. What have you girls done with the albums?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tiffielynn91tiffielynn91 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know our photographer told us that we could do a couples one and then i could do some solo. also she told us that i could do it as a party. with all my brides maids. just some ideas
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_boudoir-photos-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:7a2bdd79-ea0e-4a9b-981e-6b751d2088d6Post:6946d004-bac7-4422-8ecf-8cd1b9ccc14c">Re: Boudoir photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question about this for ladies who have done this. I mentioned doing this for my FI as a wedding gift to my sister and she brought up the point of: what do you do with the album afterwards? Its not exactly something that you would leave sitting out on the coffee table. I originally thought that it was a really good idea, but now I'm not so sure. What have you girls done with the albums?
    Posted by albutler29[/QUOTE]

Our album is in a drawer but DH looks at it sometimes.  ;)  I also have a 5x7 in our bathroom and one on his nightstand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards