Pre-wedding Parties

Help - Jack n' Jill or Bridal Shower???

I'm having a dilema and need advice:
We're planning on doing a Jack N' Jill, but trying to get a location that let's us sell tickets @ the door and where we can bring in our own alcohol, that doesn't cost $500 to rent.  
I'm starting to feel like I'm the one, not my MOH or BP who'll be planning most of it, I think I've had enough stress trying to plan a close to perfect wedding. 
My FI's friends will probably do a bachelor thing anyway, so I'm starting to think maybe a bridal shower would be less stressful.  Maybe something simple @ our house with drinks and appetizers, I went to one like that last year and it was personal, yet informal.
I haven't discussed this w/my FI yet, I'm not sure what he would say, I'll discuss w/him soon.
Any suggestions?

P.S. Should I be planning the Jack n' Jill or is it the BP's responsibility?  I don't want to be a bridezilla!!
Thank you

Re: Help - Jack n' Jill or Bridal Shower???

• dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no brides really shouldn't be planning their own shower...jack n jill or not...and selling tickets at the door??? nope, sorry.
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You really shouldn't be planning your own parties.  If your BMs or MOH want to throw you a shower, they will offer, or if you mom or an aunt or something, they will offer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so not only are you planning your own shower but you are charging cover?

::shakes head::

Ridiculous.

If someone wanted to throw you a party, they would.  I can understand why no one would want to, though.  Your ideas are pretty tacky and rude.
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, don't plan it at all. And don't sell tickets.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't plan your own parties.  If someone wants to throw them for you, they will offer.
  • edited December 2011
    The bride only plans the wedding. If no one offers you a shower/bach party... you don't get one! Sorry!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto the above postings.  No party.  Definitely no tickets!  Why would someone purchase a ticket to come to a party to give you a gift???
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Nope you don't throw your own parties.  If your WP or your friends or relatives offer, they can.  But it isn't anyone's responsibilty unless they choose to make it theirs.

And for the love of god, you can't sell tickets to anything.  Your wedding is not a charity fundraiser.  How rude!
  • redheadfsuredheadfsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto.

Do not plan your shower & do not ask for one. Please do not sell tickets. If I walked up to a shower where I needed to buy a ticket to get in, I would turn around with my gift and then decline your wedding invite.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards