Rhode Island

rental cars vs. limos

Im wondering if anyone has done this/knows anyone that has.

We don't have to travel far, and I am thinking of ways to save money on transportation.

I'm wondering if anyone just rented a few big SUVS-- and used them instead of using a limo or trolley

I want to save the $1000 bucks to put elsewhere.

OR... did nayone not use transportation. I have to go 5 miles from the hotel to the ceremony... and then 5 miles back to the reception (with a stop for photos).... I have 6 bridesmaids and 4 groomens. I figured the guys can all go in one car together... but then I duno what to do with the girls. It feels rude not to provide transportation. Unless we just get a limo for 8 (I found someone with an 8 person for $375).... and the guys can follow behind-- is that rude? I'm thinking yes.. but then again. maybe the guys don't care that much.

I wish I thought of this before I had a big wedding party.
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: rental cars vs. limos

• edited December 2011
    who would do the driving of those SUV's?
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bet the guys won't care. I was in a wedding where we didn't have transportation and it was fine. My friend's uncles all had Lincoln Town Car-type cars, so they brought us. She put her dress on at the church, so the "crunch factor" of smooshing her into a smaller car wasn't an issue.

We weren't going to have transportation but Bryan's aunt offered  to pay for it and so we said yes. I'm so glad we did, even though my ride from the hotel where I got ready to the venue was short. It also enabled us to drive around for pics, which was great. If you can swing it, do the limo for you and your girls (and your photog may want to ride along, too, if there's room; think of the cute pics!) and let the boys drive if your FI thinks they won't care about it.
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm been in many weddings w/out transportation.  It's not a big deal.  In fact, I kind of like it better (I'm pretty self sufficient and don't like depending on others for a ride...).  

I understand w/ a big wedding party,... but I don't think it will be a big deal.  I think the SUV thing is a great idea :), especially if you've got lots of out of town guests who may not have access to a car (or if people drove far to be with you).

GL!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_rental-cars-vs-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:a053b36f-239f-4d9d-932e-2b0ff55371d4Post:9d94280e-72ca-4c3e-b03c-a80f5e4b0fbe">Re: rental cars vs. limos</a>:
    [QUOTE]who would do the driving of those SUV's?
    Posted by DansBride52911[/QUOTE]

I guess my brother can rent and drive one, and then maybe my dad another.
    I duno, I just want to not spend a lot on transportation

But as KB mentioned it is nice for driving around getting photos to all be "together" instead of a 5 car caravan
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards