Getting in Shape
Options

For those of you who use WWs

Of course everyone is different, but I'm wondering if people (in general) have found greater success doing Weight Watchers on their own, online or by going to meetings? I have tried to do it on my own, but find that I get off-track pretty easily and am considering rejoining it, but in person instead of online.

What has your experience been?

Re: For those of you who use WWs

• Options
    I have done it in the past both ways.  It worked for me when I went to meetings.  When I did it online I didn't end up losing any weight.  For me there is something different about doing it and going to meeting and knowing that I have to step on a scale every week.

That being said, right now I am tracking calories and exercise and it is working really well.  I think if you are motivated either way will work.  The meetings can just be a little more motivating that a website.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I like the accountability of meetings.  The fact that someone will weigh me and cheer me on each week is helpful. When I did on-line, I lost weight but also 'cheated' several times and didn't weigh in on days where I thought I'd gained.   Currently, I'm down 18.4lbs doing meetings. 

Of course, depending on the demographics of your meeting, you can feel frustrated.  Example:  I currently attend a meeting led by and frequented by senior citizens who do not use weightwatchers.com site or understand the new system, especially the calculator.  Not a criticism (I still love my meeting) but no one knows what I'm talking about when I say that I read success stories on the website or use the on-line calculator.   
  • Options
    I have tried doing it myself and it just doesn't work.  I go to the meetings I'm down 36 pounds since joining January 18th. 

Everyone is different but I do think a leader you like and a group you like makes a world of difference.  I lost alot of weight going to meetings, I had a leader I liked and a group I liked.  then the leader and the group changed just when I started to strugle and the leader and group didn't help with my strugle they actually made my strugle worse. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    I've been on WW for about a year now. When I think I can do the program on my own without going to meetings or tracking, I gain. When I follow the program (even when I go over my points but still track and try to make healthier choices) I lose.
    The new points program is really nice too - fruits and veggies are 0 points, all liquids (except alcohol of course!) count towards hydration, and you really don't feel as restricted as the old plan.
    Still 20lbs to goal though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards