New Jersey

PNC and Lakewood?

Looking st these 2 venues for our reception and looking for opinions. Has anyone been there for a wedding or had their wedding at either place?  Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Re: PNC and Lakewood?

• edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at PNC. The hall itself was very pretty. The DJ had an issue with the dome in the ceiling. The people seated inside the little dome like area over the dance floor were unhappy with the volume of the music. But, that could have just been the DJ. The caterers are Merri Makers, I believe? The food was good but the vegetables came out cold. The cocktail hour was amazing, tons of food. 

I haven't heard anything about the lakewood. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I've never heard of the Lakewood; but if you mean Wood Lake Country Club in Lakewood, its pretty ghetto there.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Have u looked at the reception center at saint Clement? I saw that and pnc, and felt the reception center was nicer, plus it had good food. If u want an outdoor ceremony tho, there isn't grounds for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If its the Lakewood Country Club they told me they weren't holding any weddings there after 2010.
  • ecelauroecelauro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lakewood Country Club is where we're having our wedding on August 20, 2011. Very nice place, Not ghetto at all. I went to the woodlake Country club also not ghetto. Prices at woodlake were great, but the room was too big and to make it a size we needed it wouldnt be what we wanted. I would call both if you're interested in the area. Both are very nice, but I would go visit them yourself.
  • ecelauroecelauro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Heather822  Really, that sucks cause I'm more than half paid for my reception at Lakewood Country Club. I have my pre-final this Saturday and I will be sure to bring that up. I know this is gonna drive me crazy now. What month was the Wedding you went t? My wedding is August, hope it's too hot for the damn golfers....Maybe We can block the entrance to the reception area and redirect people to the downstairs bathroom. Maybe even hire a private security guard for that doorway that leads into the reception? oh my gosh I don'tknow now... UUUGGGGHHHH.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_pnc-lakewood?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:80962cb2-d319-4cbc-a56b-092c8f9effacPost:dde9b0ae-6c3b-4ac7-9cdd-2875ce25c3b6">Re: PNC and Lakewood?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heather822  Really, that sucks cause I'm more than half paid for my reception at Lakewood Country Club. I have my pre-final this Saturday and I will be sure to bring that up. I know this is gonna drive me crazy now. What month was the Wedding you went t? My wedding is August, hope it's too hot for the damn golfers....Maybe We can block the entrance to the reception area and redirect people to the downstairs bathroom. Maybe even hire a private security guard for that doorway that leads into the reception? oh my gosh I don'tknow now... UUUGGGGHHHH.
    Posted by ecelauro[/QUOTE]
    <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">
    </font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">I am sorry... don't mean to upset you! =(</font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">The wedding I went to was in October. I think its going to be hard to avoid if your ceremony is outdoors, because the ceremony is RIGHT outside the enterance to the bar! We literally had to line up (I was a bridesmaid) IN THE BAR, right next to patrons, and start our processional from there, it was ridiculous! </font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">I would just speak to your Banquet manager ahead of time, and let them know you don't want your wedding crashed (its so easy to do) and ask what they can do.</font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">Good luck!</font></div><div>
    </div>
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards