Maryland

Ocean City, MD venues?

Hello everyone!   Newly engaged :)
I haven't seen too many posts on Ocean City, MD beach weddings on either Maryland board, maybe I'm missing them but does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Re: Ocean City, MD venues?

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I am getting married in Ocean City in June. Are you looking for right on the beach, an indoor location, etc.? I seriously scoped out what seems like 80 venues so I can give you a list of ideas. I am going with the Ocean Pines Beach Club. There is also the Ocean Pines Yacht Club, Princess Bayside, Clarion, Coconut Marloire and the Lighthouse Sound, which is in Bishopville, which is just outside of OC, with an amazing view. Good luck and congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    dancergmu3 - I am interested in any input or suggestions you may have.  I am looking to get married in Ocean City too!  I have contacted Macky's and Fager's for more information on a possible reception there.  I want to get married out on the beach...are getting married out on the beach?  I would love to hear about your plans!  We are looking at September of 2011.  
    Can I email you sometime to dish about this?  I am so excited that I found your post!
  • tabbjandtabbjand member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ dancergmu3

Right on the beach....I'm going to look at Princess Bayside this week, have you dealt with them any before deciding on Ocean Pines? 

Any ideas or vendor recommendations in that area would be great :)

Congrats to you too! Wow, June is right around the corner!! Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies, feel free to email me any questions!

For a cake vendor, check out WithSugarOnTop in Hurlock, MD. She does great work and has free delivery on the Eastern Shore.

I am getting married at the Ocean Pines Beach Club, which is in the heart of OC (50th street) and they have their own private strip of beach. The number is (410) 524-2957.

majickingdom171... , you may want to look at the Golden Sands. They have a GOREGOUS indoor venue that overlooks the beach. They don't do weddings during peak season though, so you may be lucky in September. We definitely liked that place!

Anywhere in OC you can get married on the beach, but unless a venue has a private beach, you can't put chairs, etc. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my I didn't realize that you couldn't set up chairs! thank you so much for that info!! I was just paruzing and saw that...it's a good thing to know since I live in Colorado and am planning this wedding from afar.  I have been having the hardest time finding a cake vendor as well.  I'm trying that vendor that you recomended to the other girl so hopefully this will be a success.  Thank you for your help even though it wasn't directed at me!
  • ashcakes86ashcakes86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi,

I am not sure If you are on this website anymore but I wanted to ask you about ocean pines beach club.I have my heart set on a beach wedding. Unfortunatly we booked a venue and after we signed the contract outside vendors that has quoted us previously almost tripled their estimates. It forced us to have to pull our contract and I am so devastated. SO now I have to start all over. I was just wondering how your experince was? and was it pretty resonable money wise?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards