Snarky Brides

** Anysunrise ** (and other WoW addicts!)

Did you get to play last night?  Do you love it?  :D

FI and I ran the new Blackrock instance (Blackrock Caverns? I think?) three times with a guild group.  Thanks in no small part to our 25 complete level 80 dailies and a full 70K XP(!!!) from dungeon quests, we ding'd 81 around 3:30 in the morning and called it "night."  We didn't attempt to quest out in the world; there were waaaaaaaaaaay too many people competing for spawns and a whole lot of graphic lag.  Some of my guildies are already 82 (we have a DK who will not sleep until he's 85!) and the guild itself is somehow lvl 2. 

I'm excited -- as you can tell.  :D  And really sad to be at work right now instead of exploring the new Hyjal!

Re: ** Anysunrise ** (and other WoW addicts!)

• My usual bedtime is 9 pm due to my usual alarm time of 4:45 am... so I didn't play last night, but a bunch of people in my guild did and so we had a bunch of 81's by the time I logged on to check in before work.

I',m jealous that you've had a chance to play, Iam looking forward to logging in tonight and leveling!  Most of our raiders are planning to do a lot of instance grinding because apparently some of the Alliance on our server are planning to camp quest hubs (we're on a PVP server).

"Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • No, I had to work today so I couldn't go in at midnight =( I'm picking it up tonight! We're levelling on our home server to 81 so we can take all our gold with us when we transfer. Well, for FI, it's still only about 1/3rd of his gold, but more than normal.

I'm pumped.
  • I wish I understood this. It sounds like fun, in a weird, complicated, "I wish I had time for that stuff" kind of way.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010

I went to a midnight release last night, but being on the East Coast, we actually couldn't play before 3am on our time. So we went to bed instead. But before I left for work this morning and DH (Who is a lucky, lucky bastard and had today off) made his goblin. I can't wait to play tonight!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I'm hella excited for the raids. I want to see how they've adjusted the ten man difficulty, since I'll probably be doing that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b174021-6d08-4158-89ec-0a6a805a6356Post:ce2a91bb-6b88-43be-865e-d7972ded2b43">Re: ** Anysunrise **</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I understood this. It sounds like fun, in a weird, complicated, "I wish I had time for that stuff" kind of way.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Me too.
  • FI and I both have work all week, but we're hoping to hit 85 by the end of the weekend.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • I'm curious about 10-man, too, which is mainly what my guild runs on. We've been trying to get our act together for a few months now, and last night we were finally able to down the Lich King (Yay!) a little less than 4 hours before midnight. Now that we're "current", we want to stay on this good roll.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b174021-6d08-4158-89ec-0a6a805a6356Post:b960e752-0ab2-4eb8-a08c-39e7277bfb49">Re: ** Anysunrise **</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm curious about 10-man, too, which is mainly what my guild runs on. We've been trying to get our act together for a few months now, and last night we were finally able to down the Lich King (Yay!) a little less than 4 hours before midnight. Now that we're "current", we want to stay on this good roll.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Kingslayers represent!
  • Hellz yeah! We totally threw ourselves a parade in Dalaran ... it got so big, people we've never even heard of started advertising in trade chat to "come to the parade in Dal!". It was pretty exciting. Especially since even 2 days ago we really had no clue if we were going to get it done in time.

• We both bought the digital download, so we were ready to go the moment the server reset at 3 AM EST -- 1 AM for us, fortunately.

I'm excited for 10-mans, too!  We're probably going that route, but with multiple guild groups so we don't have to cut people who were on our 25-man team.  I'm a little nervous about drama when the inevitable A-team/B-team dynamic emerges, but for now we're just having fun leveling and exploring and taking bets on who is first to 85.  :)

How was the midnight release, Meg?  I've never been, but my sister went to WotLK's and Cataclysm's and posted FB statuses about her "nerd-watching" exploits, lol.

• Grats on the LK kill, Meg! 

I remember racing to down Illidan before 3.0 hit.  We missed it by a matter of hours.  So disappointing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b174021-6d08-4158-89ec-0a6a805a6356Post:77dcbc20-bf10-400b-95c9-f3fefd903d4d">Re: ** Anysunrise **</a>:
    [QUOTE]We both bought the digital download, so we were ready to go the moment the server reset at 3 AM EST -- 1 AM for us, fortunately. I'm excited for 10-mans, too!  We're probably going that route, but with multiple guild groups so we don't have to cut people who were on our 25-man team. <strong> I'm a little nervous about drama when the inevitable A-team/B-team dynamic emerges</strong>, but for now we're just having fun leveling and exploring and taking bets on who is first to 85.  :) How was the midnight release, Meg?  I've never been, but my sister went to WotLK's and Cataclysm's and posted FB statuses about her "nerd-watching" exploits, lol.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

We had huuuuge issues with that during TOC going for the flawless achievement on the ten man heroic. The good people didn't want to get dragged down and the okay people wanted to get it, so there was a lot of bitching. That's half the reason I quit playing.
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    We did too, Any.  10's have always been a sore point for my guild, because the officers -- who do tend to be among our better players -- have been running a 10-man since Zul'Aman.  We've earned every 10-man HM achievement from ZA through ICC 10 so, naturally, everyone wants in (but usually not until after the wipe nights, when the achievement spam starts).

From our perspective, we're raiding optional content on offnights with our friends.  But to the guild-at-large, we're being elitist and exclusive and QQQQQQQ.   :(
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b174021-6d08-4158-89ec-0a6a805a6356Post:d81aceef-c051-43f7-ad21-c5df8cdf6aff">Re: ** Anysunrise ** (and other WoW addicts!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did too, Any.  10's have always been a sore point for my guild, because the officers -- who do tend to be among our better players -- have been running a 10-man since Zul'Aman.  We've earned every 10-man HM achievement from ZA through ICC 10 so, naturally, everyone wants in (but usually not until after the wipe nights, when the achievement spam starts). From our perspective, we're raiding optional content on offnights with our friends.  But to the guild-at-large, we're being elitist and exclusive and QQQQQQQ.   :(
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Yup. Also, I loves me my Amani Warbear. You should hear the story behind how I got it, lol.
  • I won't be able to grab my copy until after Thursday when I get paid. It's not like I can do a whole lot anyway, I'm so far behind I'm no where near 80. But I love playing either way!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • You should tell me the story! 

My war bear belongs to my long-abandoned warlock.  :(
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b174021-6d08-4158-89ec-0a6a805a6356Post:77dcbc20-bf10-400b-95c9-f3fefd903d4d">Re: ** Anysunrise **</a>:
    [QUOTE]We both bought the digital download, so we were ready to go the moment the server reset at 3 AM EST -- 1 AM for us, fortunately. I'm excited for 10-mans, too!  We're probably going that route, but with multiple guild groups so we don't have to cut people who were on our 25-man team. <strong> I'm a little nervous about drama when the inevitable A-team/B-team dynamic emerges,</strong> but for now we're just having fun leveling and exploring and taking bets on who is first to 85.  :) How was the midnight release, Meg?  I've never been, but my sister went to WotLK's and Cataclysm's and posted FB statuses about her "nerd-watching" exploits, lol.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

We had a huge issues with that in our guild ... actually I was one of the people that caused the problems. We had few of the "regulars", whom everybody kind of said "Well, they suck, but we don't have any other 80s, what are we going to do?", so they dealt with it. 

When I (And a few other noobs) hit 80 and started showing tons of promise ("Tons of promise" mostly being "not standing in f*cking fire!"), the higher-ups (Which included DH and one of my best friends) said "Look, we want to give Meg/whomever else a chance, so we're benching you for a while. If somebody can't make it one night, or you're numbers get better, you can come back. Otherwise, we'll see you when we run the lesser dungeons". The other people who were brought on to the "A-Team" were also family members of other "important" guildies, and it just was a big mess. Even though it was made clear to them "You can still run with us, we can still have fun as a guild, we just want to try out the new people to get through the end game content", a lot of them took it as "We hate you, we play favorites, get lost!". Feelings were hurt, people quit the guild entirely, it wasn't fun.

It actually really put a damper on us finishing up ICC, which is part of why we were still attempting the fight as of last night.

• I have a couple of level 80's, but I haven't played since March. I really want to get back in to it now that the wedding is over and we're finished moving though. I reactivated my account a couple of weeks ago, but haven't played yet! I really need to get on that.

I miss weekends when DH and I would just play wow all damn day. We were so addicted!
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yeah, our guild formed in BC when we hit 70 with some other guild and they failed to deliver on raiding promises.  We hit 70 literally the week the Sunwell patch dropped, so the fact that we even made it INTO BT/Hyjal before Wrath was something of an accomplishment for our band of scrubs.

We did do ZA and had a TON of drama over the A/B groups... that instigated a policy of no scheduled guild 10 man raids (when we are raiding 25 man content).

With Wrath, we got a fresh start and a lot of new players.  We started reading strats and min-maxing like never before.  In ICC 25 we were ranked 7th I think on our server before we quit raiding after people lost interest in hard modes.  (Granted, it was a low pop server).

We transfered to a new server a couple months ago to rebuild and have a bigger recruitment pool on a less hostile server (go look up "Dethecus" in urbandictionary and you'll see what I mean). 

We're looking forward to further success in Cata and I'm so excited!  I'm expecting we'll be doing 10 mans as soon as we have a viable group, and 25s as soon as we have a viable group for that (thinking January).  I've raided 25s for so long, 10 mans just don't feel right to me.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b174021-6d08-4158-89ec-0a6a805a6356Post:77dcbc20-bf10-400b-95c9-f3fefd903d4d">Re: ** Anysunrise **</a>:
    [QUOTE]How was the midnight release, Meg?  I've never been, but my sister went to WotLK's and Cataclysm's and posted FB statuses about her "nerd-watching" exploits, lol.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I totally missed this the first time I responded to you. D'oh!

Anyway, it wasn't bad as far as being crowded goes. We went to a local GameStop not located inside of a mall, and we don't exactly live in a "thriving metropolis" (The fact that we have a GameStop is a bit baffling), so there were only about 40 other people there. Friends of mine apparently tried to go a bit later, but everything was already shut down for the night by 12:30. But even with the small attendance, I hate to say it, but DH, my friend and I were definitely the most "normal-looking" people present ... and aside from me and my friend, there was only one other woman in the entire crowd. Obviously, I know geeks can be "normal-looking" and tons of women play WoW, especially in the more recent expansions ... it was just kind of weird to see a giant group of geek/nerd stereotypes.

I went to the one for Burning Crusade years ago, but I actually did not play WoW at the time. It was just one of the few nights DH and I both had off (We'd only been dating a few months at the time), and since he didn't mind me tagging along (And I had no qualms about him being a geek), we made a night of it. That one was at a mall, and quite a bit "scarier" in terms of nerd-watching. There were people that actually brought their laptops along so they could install the game literally the minute they got it, and people from the same guilds dressed in matching t-shirts and whatnot.

• Ohh, I totally forgot about Archaeology!  I have to train that when I get home.  Which at this rate will be, like, tomorrow.  >.<
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b174021-6d08-4158-89ec-0a6a805a6356Post:5b925670-d9ee-4ceb-9fe7-3df83e9e498a">Re: ** Anysunrise ** (and other WoW addicts!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohh, I totally forgot about Archaeology!  I have to train that when I get home.  Which at this rate will be, like, tomorrow.  />.<
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I need to do that too. Thanks for reminding ME as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards