Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Sizing Question

When my fiance proposed, he was too shaky to put the ring on. I had to tell him "PUSH, MAN, PUSH!" I had big knuckles but as soon as I get past that, the ring can twist completely around my finger. It is a little hard to get off, but if I wet my hand or put some lotion on my finger, it's a lot easier to take off. I'm not really planning on taking it off a whole lot anyway.

My fiance wants me to get it resized. I really don't want to part with it though. i love it and I'm afraid that if I get it a little looser, it may fall off. I've also been losing weight. That may not have a lot to do with my fingers but I heard it helps.

Are there any hard and fast rules for how loose/tight a ring should be?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sizing Question

• Options
    I have big knuckles too and I find that my ring has a tendency to spin. However now that summer is rearing it's ugly head it fits pretty snug
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LoveBugBabyLoveBugBaby member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    If you can deal with the way it is right now, I'd just leave it alone.  If you don't plan on taking it off and you're in the midst of losing weight, don't go get it bigger, that doesn't make much sense.  I'd wait until you get closer to your wedding to do any resizing, because no point in resizing it now, and then losing more weight only having to resize it again... ya know?

ETA: I agree with a PP who said get a ring guard if it's spinning too much.  At least it'll be a temporary fix until your wedding gets closer and you can do the final sizing.  I wore a guard for a couple months until I got around to resizing mine, it wasn't so bad!
  • Options
    If your losing weight you should wait becore getting the ring sized.  When I frist got sized for my ring I was a 7.  Since then I've lost 15 lbs and when my FI finally proposed the ring it to big.  I had to get a ring snuggie to hold it in place. (I'm scared to get it resized because 1) it's engraved and 2) what if the weight comes back)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards