Catholic Weddings
Options

Down a priest. Very angry

So about 2 months ago I told my campus priest (that I love) that we wanted him for our Aug. 4 2012 wedding and he said yes. Well just got a text today that he had already booked a wedding 3 hours away at the same time as ours. Now we have to find another priest, and I only came into the church last Easter and he is the only one I know. :-( I don't know what to do...
Anniversary PersonalMilestone

Re: Down a priest. Very angry

• Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    ugh, that's annoying! so sorry this is happening to you!

I would definitely ask him for a priest-friend recommendation! He got you into this pickle, and he should help you out! (Also, his "priest-network" will hopefully be *much* bigger than yours!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ugh lame!  Keep in mind you have almost a year yet, maybe start attending other churches in the area and see if there are any that you like?  Maybe you'll find a priest you like even more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We only have one church and the campus church...
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can sympathize. I found out three months before our wedding that EVERY priest in our entire diocese had a mandatory workshop and ordination the weekend of our wedding. We had to get creative but at the eleventh hour we found an alternative. It can be done. We ended up having an Air Force chaplain priest do our wedding. Are there any religious communities or military bases near you?
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How disappointing!  I would definitely ask him for suggestions and consider going to mass at that other church.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chin up.  When God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.  Check out a couple nearby parishes to see if you can find an acceptable priest to preside over your wedding.  You might find that you like this "new" priest better, and you'll have the opportunity to experience non-campus churches.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's a campus ministry, there is a good chance that they have many priests for the one church.  I would contact someone who works in campus ministry there, whether it be your priest or even a layperson, and have them work some matchmaking between you and a priest.  I'm getting suggestions from my pre-Cana couple for which priest from my campus to use, because they just know them better.
    After five years he finally asked! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If all else fails, you may try your diocese to see if they have any suggestions?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards