Ohio-Columbus

Darby House Brides

Hi!  I was hoping to hear everyone's ideas for those of us getting married at the Darby House.  Of course- I am hoping for great weather and to get married outside.  How is everyone decorating the outside area??

Re: Darby House Brides

• edited December 2011
    OHMYGOODNESS the Darby House is freakin' GORgeous!  IF only it was in our price range AND our day wasn't all ready booked (day and night).  Le sigh

And Cameron Mitchell catering....yummy
  • edited December 2011
    One of the many reasons we chose the Darby House was because it so beautiful that it doesn't need much decoration, especially on the outside.  I'm thinking of possibly lining the edge of the patio with votives to light when the sun goes down.  Other that that though, I honestly plan on doing NOTHING outside.  I don't see the need to spend extra money on flowers when the greenery around speaks for itself.

Inside, we plan on using the standard white table cloths and will vamp it up with some bold centerpieces.  I'm meeting with florists soon but as of now I have tall lavender hydrangeas mixed bold purple flowers in my mind.  Maybe half the tables with have smaller centerpieces with some candles around.  We're going for a simple modern look with romantic garden flowers.  I like the idea of the sort of contrasting sleek, contemporary styling against the very natural backdrop.

What are you thinking?!  When is your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    We went with a Sunday wedding so that we could fit the venue into our budget.  I absolutely loved it and we couldn't pass up on the space.  We will be getting married on Aug 21st...only about 25 more days!!  I was trying to decide whether to hang pomanders or crystal garland from the trees but just can't decide whether its worth the money and trouble.  On the center isle we will have groups of lisianthus hanging from the side of the chairs.

For the centerpieces we are doing half lanterns with lisianthus around them.  On the other tables we will have low vases with lisianthius and hydrangeas.  We are doing white and purple lisianthus and green hygrangeas.  We are going for a vintage outdoor kind of feeling.  

What are your thoughts on the pomanders or crystals?  Think its worth if for a 1/2 hour ceremony?? 
  • edited December 2011
    I gotta be honest, I'm not sure if it's worth it.  If the trees were bare, it might be a nice touch to dress them up but with leaves on the trees I'm having trouble picturing it.  My bet is, everything else will be so beautiful that day that you won't miss it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls! I'm also getting married at the Darby House, but not until April 27, 2013. I have to plan early... :) I'd love to hear about your experience with the Darby House and who you have worked with! I am obviously set on my wedding taking place there, but was wondering if they were negotiable on anything? 
    Congratulations to both of you, the venue is beautiful!! Please keep in touch I'd love to hear details about your weddings :)

Cassie
  • edited December 2011
    I love Darby House! We're getting married there next June and I'm having the same difficulty deciding what to do for the ceremony, but I love the ideas you have!! It really is a tough call between the pomanders and the crystals. I think of pomanders as more whimsical, and crystals more elegant, so it entierly depends on the feel you're going for. Both are great! I also wanted to ask ,does anyone knows if flower petals are allowed for the aisle on the ground at Darby House?

And in response to your question about what other people are doing, our colors are all pink, white, and green. Pink tablecloths, green bows on the chairs, lots of white roses, pale pink roses, then the white roses with pink tips, and white hydrangea. And I really have nothing for the ceremony figured out yet haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Cassie,

I also want to get married here but still figuring out the numbers. Could you email me at katiegaal23@gmail.com so we can discuss this venue? I'd appreciate it!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_darby-house-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:da6780fe-6f8d-4897-bcd7-52c4ad81b33bPost:1725807e-a515-445d-ba9d-8abb8978d94a">Re: Darby House Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi girls! I'm also getting married at the Darby House, but not until April 27, 2013. I have to plan early... :) I'd love to hear about your experience with the Darby House and who you have worked with! I am obviously set on my wedding taking place there, but was wondering if they were negotiable on anything?  Congratulations to both of you, the venue is beautiful!! Please keep in touch I'd love to hear details about your weddings :) Cassie
    Posted by Cassie Majestic[/QUOTE]
  • I'm getting married here on Oct 5 2013, the ceremony will be outdoors as long as the weather is still ok.  The ceremony's in the evening so we're trying to think of small ways to jazz things up.  I'm thinking of doing votives along the patio ledge to light things a little as the sun starts to set.

Anyone else have any better suggestions? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards