Not Engaged Yet

Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress

I actually haven't read Twilight, but I just heard about this now, and thought you girls might be interested.

Apparently, this was all very hush-hush, but Alfred Angelo is now selling the Twilight wedding dress for $799.

And while there are something I don't like about it, I have to admit that I kinda like it.

You can see it on the AA website here.

Thoughts? I love that it has long sleeves and I adore the back on it.

Re: Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It's a pretty dress, but I can tell you right now it would look horrendous on me! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bella-swans-twilight-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:37cf0d6b-e085-4c88-86bc-2730ec6f2f67Post:114a5e23-a67b-4489-801d-ad8b589b6dae">Re: Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a pretty dress, but I can tell you right now it would look horrendous on me! :)
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's what I thought of too! It could look great on someone very, VERY slim but it would also be so unforgiving for any pudge....
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm..  I actually don't like it that miuch.  And I have read the books (shame, shame, I know), and it's not what I imagined. At all.  But, eh, who am I to judge?
  • edited December 2011
    I completely called that while watching the movie. I really like the dress for the most part, but it definitely wouldn't work for my body.
    5/27/12
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Honestly though, as pretty as it is (and also it would look terrible on my body type), I would be turned off by the fact that it's Bella's dress. Just as I wouldn't want to wear one of the copies of Kate Middleton's dress. I don't know why it bugs me, I guess because I don't want to forever be linked to something/someone else. I think I would rather people remember me because I looked my best, not because I wore so and so's dress.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    That dress is fugly.  The back is gorgeous, but the rest of it is just wrong.  NMS at all.

I also agree that it would actually flatter like 1% of the population, if that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Mutley.  I really don't like it at all.  The back looks cool but the rest looks like a nightgown...
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• stacybeanstacybean member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, I really didn't like the dress. I liked the one in her dream more (if anyone saw the movie). The front of it was so blah and plain.
    Sent from my iPad - any unusual words or misspellings are due to an autocorrect incident that I may have missed.
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They make that dress in a 30W? I didn't really like this dress in the movie either. I preferred the dress from her "dream sequence,"
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bella-swans-twilight-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:37cf0d6b-e085-4c88-86bc-2730ec6f2f67Post:be0009ce-0a3e-4a34-bc67-d909fc1ec079">Re: Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]They make that dress in a 30W? I didn't really like this dress in the movie either. <strong>I preferred the dress from her "dream sequence,"</strong>
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Same
    5/27/12
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like it personally, it wouldn't work on my body.  It's not for everyone that is for sure.

Anniversary

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think it's funny that the model they have in that dress looks like she's 17, because I'm assuming that's exactly the age group they are marketing this to.  Can you just imagine all the girls that are going to on here soon that are 18 and getting married 'because Bella and Edward did it'....

I like the idea of the back (sheer back), but I really don't like the rest of the dress.  The seaming in the front is really weird too.  And of course, the fact that it's "Bella's dress" would really turn me off of it.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems kind of funny to me that so many people would dislike it because it's Bella's (or Kate's) wedding dress. Unless we're buying a specially made dress, we'd all be sharing a wedding dress with *someone* out there.  Many someones, in fact. :P I get that it's different though because buying one would definitely be some kind of "pro" statement.
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I love the back, but the front is kind of blah, to me. I guess I was just expecting more all the way around after reading the books. I still want to go see the movie though, lol.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bella-swans-twilight-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:37cf0d6b-e085-4c88-86bc-2730ec6f2f67Post:22058b7d-4022-49a5-862b-d167a720a734">Re: Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]It seems kind of funny to me that so many people would dislike it because it's Bella's (or Kate's) wedding dress. Unless we're buying a specially made dress, we'd all be sharing a wedding dress with *someone* out there.  Many someones, in fact. :P I get that it's different though because buying one would definitely be some kind of "pro" statement.
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

<div>The difference is the dress is featured in a major motion flick viewed by millions.It's different than some random person I dont know and will never see wearing the mass marketed dresses most of us buy.</div><div>(Just saying I understand the justification.)</div><div>
    </div><div>They dress is ugly besides the lace back. I'm dissapointed. I agree with the nightgown comparison.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It kind of looks like the wedding dress my mother wore in 1986....like, a lot.
    Personally, I'm not a fan of twilight or this dress.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I can't get the freaking page to load to see it, but that's a clever marketing tie-in.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bella-swans-twilight-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:37cf0d6b-e085-4c88-86bc-2730ec6f2f67Post:a903d2a6-541b-420a-9b4b-d86451533cfd">Re: Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress : The difference is the dress is featured in a major motion flick viewed by millions.It's different than some random person I dont know and will never see wearing the mass marketed dresses most of us buy. (Just saying I understand the justification.) They dress is ugly besides the lace back. I'm dissapointed. I agree with the nightgown comparison.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

I totally get what you mean! I'm way inarticulate tonight. :(
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not like that dress.  At all.  

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011

The front of that dress is so ugly...the detail on the back is pretty, but not my style at all.  I agree with Mama, it is very similar to the early 80's dresses that my mom and aunts wore! 

That being said, I wouldn't want to wear "Bella's dress", I'm not even a fan of Twilight (haven't read any of the books or seen any of the movies).  I don't want any celebrity/movie characters wedding dress, even if I liked them/their work tough. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    ... damn, that thing's ugly.

• polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    That's just BAD. Icky,
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bella-swans-twilight-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:37cf0d6b-e085-4c88-86bc-2730ec6f2f67Post:9e7658c0-468f-47c3-bbbf-293a801b0020">Re: Bella Swan's "Twilight" Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's funny that the model they have in that dress looks like she's 17, because I'm assuming that's exactly the age group they are marketing this to.  Can you just imagine all the girls that are going to on here soon that are 18 and getting married 'because Bella and Edward did it'.... I like the idea of the back (sheer back), but I really don't like the rest of the dress.  <strong>The seaming in the front is really weird</strong> too.  And of course, the fact that it's "Bella's dress" would really turn me off of it.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Isn't it?! It really stands out and seems to be in an odd place. And the material looks weird as well, kinda cheap. Those two things ruin it for me- because I love the book and the idea of sleeves. I'm not a fan of the buttons on the sleeves either. Is that what it looked like in the movie too?

I didn't see the movie- what did the dress in her dream look like?

And apparently it was this big, top secret affair where only like 4 people knew they were making and releasing the dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I'm in the minority here.  I think it's really pretty and different than what a lot of brides are wearing today.  It looks classy and sophisticated to me. me. It definitely won't hide any figure flaws and it looks like it would only look good on certain body types.  I also agree that the model looks super young.  
  • edited December 2011
    I love that dress on her. It wouldn't look good on everyone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's aweful.

www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really, really don't liek that dress. Teh back is the only good thing about it. The rest looks like a slip/nightgown and seams seem like they're yelling, "LOOK! NIPPLES ARE IN HERE! "

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    As much as I hate Twilight, I don't hate the dress. I actually like the concept of the dress a lot, but I agree with Bren that it looks cheap. It looks like a cheap knockoff of a really pretty, elegant, vintage dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that the one Bella wore in the movie looked great (on her, not on most people), but the Alfred Angelo one looks cheap.
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It looks like a cheap nighgown from the front... the back is pretty, but not my style at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards