Military Brides
Options

Need a Recipe

I don't know if this will post, but I need help, so I hope so.

We're having the new guy from FI's squad over on Friday night with his girlfriend for dinner. I haven't met them yet, and I've been trying to come up with a good and relatively low-key dinner menu. So far I have:

Caesar salad with homemade dressing and croutons

Hugh's Shells (it's a kind of fancy mac and cheese that has mushrooms and radicchio, but is delicious, it's from Amy Sedaris's cookbook)
or
Couscous with orange zest, cranberries, and almonds
Haven't decided...

I'm still deciding on the meat, I was thinking pork loin, but a lot of people don't eat pork, so I may go with some sort of pre-marinated chicken from Whole Foods

I need some sort of veggie preparation or dish to go with this so it's not all really heavy. I was thinking about carrot coins in honey and mustard, but I think that might be too much with the other stuff. So, something light but not salad.

For dessert I'm doing a saled caramel chocolate tarte. 

So, ideas for a veggie side dish that isn't too heavy? Also, shells or couscous?

Re: Need a Recipe

• Options
    ZeldakinsZeldakins member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Shells :) and maybe asparagus? or some sauteed green beans with almonds? Idk if that would be considered light in everyone's book though XD                                                                                                                                                                                           EDIT: Changed my mind, go with the couscous if you're doing chicken.  
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Need a Recipe:[QUOTE]Shells : and maybe asparagus? or some sauteed green beans with almonds? Idk if that would be considered light in everyone's book though XD nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; EDIT: Changed my mind, go with the couscous if you're doing chicken. nbsp; Posted by Zeldakins[/QUOTE]
    Zelda is wise. I like her suggestions
  • Options
    I agree with Z. Oh and looks like a Cab is learning a new language. Haaa
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thanks guys! CAB, I have no idea what's going on there, but I got the gist of it. Weirdness is afoot this week. 
  • Options
    Is it cause I posted from TK mobile?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards