Christian Weddings
Options

Can I have some prayers please?

Hi ladies! I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I have been lurking a lot. School this semester has me very stressed. And I can't seem to find a job. My school hours this semester are crazy and I think that's why nobody will hire me. So can I please have some prayers that everything will work out and that I'll be able to get a job. Thanks ladies!

Re: Can I have some prayers please?

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure thing.  Hang in there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're so stressed.

More of practical suggestion: I know when I was in college there were always a lot of ads for jobs in data entry or something that didn't have specific hours.

Also, I know the economics and pysch departments at my university always had experiments that you could get paid for (added bonus: they didn't require taking pharmaceuticals, if drug trial experiments freak you out). There were no guaranteed hours but there was also no long term commitment, so I made a good $10/hr for random dates/times.

Even some of the medical ones aren't bad. I got free contacts for a year (nothing experimental about them, they were on the shelves they just wanted to test what sort of people were comfortabe with them), which isn't directly money, but I then I obviously didn't have to buy contacts.

So maybe contact any departments that could possibly need human testers and ask to be put on their mailing list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will pray for you.  I keep a constant prayer for people on this board and in real life who are going through job issues, whether it is misery in job, or trying to find a new one, etc.  You are not alone, and God has a plan for you, even if you can't see it yet.  I can tell you that from personal experience (read the "doors closing, doors opening" thread just a few threads farther on the list). 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will say a prayer! I know it will all work out the way God planned it! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'll definitely be praying for you. i finally got a job a couple weeks ago after looking all of last semester and it was reaaallyyy stressing me out. just keep at it. i know its hard to hear sometimes but that's the only thing to do but keep going and give it to God. he'll provide for you
  • Options
    KaitlinRichKaitlinRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand completely! (taking 19 hrs myself and DROWNING!) Just pace yourself and take a deep breath. As for the job, I don't know the oppurtunities around you but I work at a Holiday Inn Express as a desk clerk and my manager lets me work on homework so long as I help customers first. No guarentee that all MGT is like this but it's an idea. 

I will be praying for you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards