New York-Hudson Valley

Videography: Get it or Forget it?

FI and I had our first real disagreement with regards to our wedding.  I want a videographer & he doesn't because "I can't stomach spending $1,000 on a video I'll never watch"  I'm looking for advice on alternatives that may be more budget friendly.  I've searched groupon, living social, etc; found none.

Re: Videography: Get it or Forget it?

• We went with a person who was not experienced and charged less BUT are not happy with the results -
  • I don't really have an alternative suggestion but I just think it's a really nice momento to have. Your whole day is documented and you get to see you friends and family bust a move on the dance floor for years to come! Or re-watch your first dance or father/daughter dance. And for the record - you won't just want it once!! we've watched my SIL's multiple times in the past 5 years because it's WAY too funny!
  • We decided, we didn't see ourselves watching it.   So we decided to scrap it and put that money toward something else.  No regrets.
  • We debated and got it and are SO happy we did, we missed some hilarious moments!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • we originally didn't want one and I got one in the end for about $800 about three weeks before the wedding.  halovideo.com.  They were great and the videographer we had was very attentive to us....helped my husband, etc.  So, i would say it was worth it but i totally think it is a non essential
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • im am with your fiance but that's the way I am too.  I also understand you. 
    I am not booking a videographer because I don't think I will watch a video, I rather spend the money on a really nice wedding album .Sealed
  • We didn't get one because we knew we would never watch it and I have never regretted the decision. I know we would never watch it.
    imageimageimage
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for all the advice!  I was able to get the FI to budge and book "Flip a Hit"  instead of a regular videographer (I found them on a PP here and on a national chatboard, too).  Since they're local, we were able to meet with them and see their whole operation which made it a little easier for my FI to give in.  Thanks again for all the advice!  Videographer ... Check! 

NOW, for a florist ... Anyone use David Anthony?!
  • Best thing we ever did! I cannot imagine not having one!

• edited December 2012
    GET IT. YOU will watch it over and over trust me.

I had a video and photog package.  The video was AWESOME and the price was VERY VERY reasonable.  Call them first and see what you can work out before you book anything.

http://www.tikufilms.com/The_Demo.html

The quality is High Def and he really knows how to get the good shots.  I am very pleased.  If you want to see my vid, maybe I can upload or have him upload a montage.

When you hear the price they quote you, tell them what you want to spend and see if he can do it... If his date is open he is VERY negotiable.  YOU WILL not remember your wedding.  Get the video! It's worth every penny and then some.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards