5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Two karats, hah hah. *Badumtish*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proposal-ring-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e311208-a48e-49b9-9126-4b0c02c707afPost:b0c3022d-f05f-4ab2-b508-3d8ddf202ce4">Re: Proposal, Ring or Not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two karats, hah hah. *Badumtish*
    Posted by lilphillips14[/QUOTE]

Hey!  That's GPB's ring...
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Well then he can tell her that another woman in the world has that ring and he wants hers to be EXTRA special so she gets to pick it out herself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proposal-ring-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e311208-a48e-49b9-9126-4b0c02c707afPost:b9fc3b9b-9243-423e-8203-2a3d479d42db">Re: Proposal, Ring or Not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! Well then he can tell her that another woman in the world has that ring and he wants hers to be EXTRA special so she gets to pick it out herself!
    Posted by lilphillips14[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can blinfold her and take her to a ring shop. When you take off her blindfold- you could be on one knee in front of her with a single red rose.

Or you can send her on a neat scavenger hunt through various places that are meaningful to your relationship- which ultimately will end up in front of a ring shop.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proposal-ring-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e311208-a48e-49b9-9126-4b0c02c707afPost:86d44341-7e9b-4ea4-bdc4-e46a42017c76">Re: Proposal, Ring or Not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can blinfold her and take her to a ring shop. When you take off her blindfold- you could be on one knee in front of her with a single red rose. Or you can send her on a neat scavenger hunt through various places that are meaningful to your relationship- which ultimately will end up in front of a ring shop.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I really like both of these ideas!
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proposal-ring-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e311208-a48e-49b9-9126-4b0c02c707afPost:7bbd689b-f5b6-4db3-afef-8cd5f4d87ad3">Re: Proposal, Ring or Not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proposal, Ring or Not? : I really like both of these ideas!
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

Yeah- I should totally propose to Andrew. LOL. I have cool ideas. ;P
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proposal-ring-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e311208-a48e-49b9-9126-4b0c02c707afPost:2c0b47f6-8f9a-4a35-bc09-27253a584891">Re: Proposal, Ring or Not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proposal, Ring or Not? : Yeah- I should totally propose to Andrew. LOL. I have cool ideas. ;P
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

LOL.  The BF would be completely stunned and out of sorts (and maybe a little mad) if I proposed to him.  He's very traditional.  I guess I am, too, actually.  I can't imagine ever doing it. 
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proposal-ring-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e311208-a48e-49b9-9126-4b0c02c707afPost:3ece9e24-33d7-4832-9bdf-a887abec377e">Re: Proposal, Ring or Not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proposal, Ring or Not? : LOL.  The BF would be completely stunned and out of sorts (and maybe a little mad) if I proposed to him.  He's very traditional.  I guess I am, too, actually.  I can't imagine ever doing it. 
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

FI specifically asked that I not propose to him. I wasn't planning to, but I thought it was funny he felt the need to say something.
  • Options
    GuyinTorontoGuyinToronto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I did it this weekend, we had gone away for the weekend and I had purchased just a fake diamond ring so I had something to hold the place at least.

I completely caught her off guard she said she was very surprised.  She said Yes though :)

Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aw congrats!  :D
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    amsmith1989amsmith1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww yay!  Congrats!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Graduation tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards