Outdoor Weddings

hOW MANY?

How many tables and chairs should i get for 150 people & some? you know how more and more people keep coming and no seats! how does this work?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: hOW MANY?

• Does your venue provide the tables and chairs?  Ours provided 60" rounds and they could fit between 8-10 per table.  If yours doesn't provide the tables then start calling rental companies.

As far as the growing guest list, we had a cap of people.  On our RSVP we noted how many seats were saved in their honor.  We made sure there was a backup table and seats to be set up just in case unexpected guests arrived.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If there are 150 people coming then get 150 chairs and the appropriate amount of tables based on the size of the tables.  I did not want to pay for extra chairs, tables, food, centerpieces, favors, linens for those who may show up.  Anyone who had not RSVPed by the deadline received a call saying we were sorry that we would not be seeing them at the wedding.  I was glad that no one showed up unexpectedly as I would have hated to have to play bouncer on my wedding day.  When you add up all the costs for each additional person it is expensive so that was not something I was going to waste money on.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:2a795adc-21ab-4e4b-a98c-818bd81ea513Post:10c97a1c-29a3-4a8d-8f13-ee18727f8793">Re: hOW MANY?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If there are 150 people coming then get 150 chairs and the appropriate amount of tables based on the size of the tables.  I did not want to pay for extra chairs, tables, food, centerpieces, favors, linens for those who may show up.  <strong>Anyone who had not RSVPed by the deadline received a call saying we were sorry that we would not be seeing them at the wedding</strong>.  I was glad that no one showed up unexpectedly as I would have hated to have to play bouncer on my wedding day.  When you add up all the costs for each additional person it is expensive so that was not something I was going to waste money on.
    Posted by hschieferstein[/QUOTE]

Wait. This happens? I'm not being snarky, I'm seriously asking. I know about the phone call to make sure they got their invite, etc., but it's ok call and say "sorry you aren't coming?" even if they just forgot?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:2a795adc-21ab-4e4b-a98c-818bd81ea513Post:6975c822-12c8-45e7-a9e1-6db55f131b09">Re: hOW MANY?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: hOW MANY? : Wait. This happens? I'm not being snarky, I'm seriously asking. I know about the phone call to make sure they got their invite, etc., but it's ok call and say "sorry you aren't coming?" even if they just forgot?
    Posted by staceycaine[/QUOTE]

It's much more appropriate, in my opinion, to call them a couple of days after the RSVP deadline has passed and <em>inquire</em> about their status for the wedding. If you can't reach them on the phone, it's fine to leave a message saying something like "If we don't here from you by X date we'll have to mark you down as a no."
    Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards