Military Brides
Options

FI to wear dress uniform - groomesmen wear what?

OK, so FI has said he will wear his uniform (I left that up to him) but what will his groomesmen wear? Should I just have them all wear a tux of sorts? All but 1 are military as well, do they wear their dress uniform too and the lone man (best man) wear a tux?

Megan

Re: FI to wear dress uniform - groomesmen wear what?

• Options
    alexninaday09alexninaday09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would leave that up to your Fiance to decide. Most people say that if a majority of the people in the wedding party are in the militarty they should wear there Class A's. But if you're fiance think his Best Man will feel out of place, then all the groomsmen can wear tuxs. I would talk to the Best Man, I'm sure he wouldn't care either way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is wearing his dress uniform but all the groomsmen are wearing tuxes. We thought it would look strange if some wore the uniform and others wore tuxes. I like uniformity and balance though....
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding party had 2 servicemembers who wore their dress uniforms and two civilians who wore tuxes. I think it looked awesome. Ask your FI what he wants and the groomsmen what they are comfortable in. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AggieGirl2009AggieGirl2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either would look nice, really.  If DH was a groomsman, we would appreciate not having to pay for a tux rental when he has a perfectly nice dress uniform at home.
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask your FI what he wants.

My FI at first wanted his one GM who's also a Marine in uniform. But now he wants him in a tuc like the other two so the guys are matching, just like my girls are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have three in dress uniform (2 army, 1 air force) and two in tuxes.  I've seen plenty of pictures and been to several mixed uniform weddings, you don't really notice it.  Most dress uniforms are designed around the same basics of a tuxedo.  I think Class A uniforms would look less uniform with tuxes than dress uniform and tuxes.  But really, everyone is watching the bride...not your groomsmen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ....Whatever the groom wants them to wear! (Within reason, of course...)

It doesn't matter if they all "match" if that's what you're worried about.

They will all look amazing no matter how many people are in the military dress and how many are in tuxes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mdbradfomdbradfo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My finance was actually the best man in a wedding where all of the other guys were in uniform an honestly, it looked HE was the groom... he was the one who stood out in pictures because his outfit was the only one that was unique.  A variety of uniforms and a tux would make them all individual, but I would be wary of one guy in a tux if the service members are all in the same uniform....
  • Options
    billman2billman2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH wore his dress blues.  There were 5 groomsmen--one was in the Army one in The AF and they both wore their blues--we gave them the option.  There were 3 different branches of Blues uniforms and tuxes on the other 3 GM's(one of which was the BM), but it all worked out well. 
  • Options
    maisonscomaisonsco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI and one of the groomsmen is in the Marines and then his BM is in the Army. we have decided to have the groomsmen wear a tux of some sort. I am like some of you wanting there to be some matching and i really don't want anyone stealing the spotlight from my handsome Marine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is the only one wearing his uniform, I wanted him to be the only one of the guys getting the attention LOL I know i'm weird like that but the bride is the only one wearing white, so why should the other guys get to look like the groom?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards