Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Cozumel... Any recommendations??

So I think we are Going to book our honeymoon today. After much debating we have decided on Cozumel. We found a good deal for Sabor Cozumel Resort. Has anybody been to Cozumel or stayed at this resort? Any input would be great!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cozumel... Any recommendations??

• Options
    I don't have any recommendations, but I wanted to say we are looking at rental houses there! When are you going? Your wedding is one day before ours. :)

If you haven't already, you should look into the reviews on Tripadvisor.com .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to Cozumel when I was in Cancun.  We took the ferry.  You can take the ferry over to playa del carmen, its gorgeous there too.  We went on a snorkeling excursion there, the water is gorgeous.  We didn't say on the island though.  its very pretty!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cozumel-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:08105263-e155-4f8d-b34a-4d0ab3d1daaaPost:06a2d309-7bec-4b7e-a2a2-5803bc760109">Re: Cozumel... Any recommendations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have any recommendations, but I wanted to say we are looking at rental houses there! When are you going? Your wedding is one day before ours. :) If you haven't already, you should look into the reviews on Tripadvisor.com .
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

We have a night time wedding. And we want to make sure webhave everything together. So we will be leaving on the 24th and coming back the 2nd. Haha maybe we will see you there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We weren't planning on renting a car. Should that be ok or do you think we should rent one?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just spend 11 days in Cozumel and it is a gorgeous island.  The food is amazing, so make sure you get out of your resort and get to the other side of the island to eat!  If you want recommendations, I have plenty! 
  • Options
    I stayed at the Melia a couple years back and loved it! I didnt rent a car- but I mainly stayed at the resort-ate drank and layed out in the sun!  If you want to do sighseeing on your own I would say to get one, but if you like to do group excursions-you wont need one.  Most of the excursions pick you up at the hotel or taxi fare is not too extravagant.  One snorkelng tri I would r4eccommend is to Dzul-ha.  It was beautiful there! We did a jungle jeep excursion there and it was so much fun! Have a great time! We are just getting ready to start looking at our ideas for our HM.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cozumel-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:08105263-e155-4f8d-b34a-4d0ab3d1daaaPost:5b7ca4ff-39b5-4616-801e-747381deef84">Re: Cozumel... Any recommendations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We weren't planning on renting a car. Should that be ok or do you think we should rent one?
    Posted by Whtara10[/QUOTE]

From what I read on Tripadvisor, you have to be careful when renting a car. I guess if you don't bring your confirmation, they may tell you they don't have a car or will try to raise the price.

We aren't busy people so we won't rent a car. We are renting a house so we want to take full advantage of the private pool! ;) If we want to go somewhere that isn't within walking distance, we will hire a cab. Most places you can walk to, from what I understand. (Also from reading on Tripadvisor)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cozumel-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:08105263-e155-4f8d-b34a-4d0ab3d1daaaPost:94483076-b804-46d5-b73d-778107f00afc">Re: Cozumel... Any recommendations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just spend 11 days in Cozumel and it is a gorgeous island.  The food is amazing, so make sure you get out of your resort and get to the other side of the island to eat!  If you want recommendations, I have plenty! 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

Recommendations would be great :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We just booked at El Cid La Ceiba for Dec 25-Jan 1... my FMIL gave us time share points so the resort itself was free!  Airfare will cost us $1300 but it's still a good deal!  I'm super excited to explore the island!  My FH was there a few year ago and went to a place called Xel Ha (its south of Playa Del Carmen)... it has gotten rave reviews on trip advisor and just looks absolutely amazing!  From what I understand, our resort has one of the best scuba diving companies on the island so I'm thinking we will be taking advantage of that as well.... apparently you can't go to Cozumel and not scuba dive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards