October 2012 Weddings
Options

Ceremony Sign Idea, Opinions? (PIP)

I found this Ceremony Sign idea the other day and I would love to have something like this made and hang it from a decorative shepards hook at the entrance to our outdoor ceremony.  I've seen similar signs on Etsy that can be custom made on Etsy, what are your opinions on something like this?

62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n

Re: Ceremony Sign Idea, Opinions? (PIP)

• Options
    I've seen that before and I think it's super cute.  It's also something that you could make for much less than what you'll pay on Etsy, but not sure if it's something that you would be willing to do.  But, if you want to tackle the project yourself, all you need is the frame (Goodwill find?) a piece of wood cut to size and some chalk board paint.  I want a chalk board sign for our ceremony as well, and it's going to be a project that FI and I will do together, since he likes building things and using tools and all that boy stuff.

I think you should go for it either way :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It's a cute idea but you can make it for way cheaper than what you'll find on Etsy. Home Depot has chalkboard paint for about $10.  I found a framed chalkboard on Etsy that was $114.  Save your money.  

When you do make it, make sure to post some pics!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love this idea. FI and I don't want to have ushers at the ceremony since it's not going to be a formal event. So we are doing something like this <clicky> on painted canvas. Since our families are relatively traditional though, they will all probably sit on the "proper" side anyways. 
    Love and Blessings
    September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made my own sign.

It says, "Here for the bride? Here for the groom? It doesn't matter, we're all family soon. Please take a seat wherever you'd like."

I swear I take pictures of all my DIY stuff, but can't find a pic of that. It's being stored at my parents.

Anyways, I just bought a piece of wood from JoAnn's, stained it brown and then painted the words on there in a whitish/ivory color and put some little decorative butterfly things on it.

(And emidle2008 - I looove your dress. Esp. the ruffles around the neck!!)
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I saw that on Pinterest and thought it was so cute!  I think I'm going to try and make it myself like some of the other ladies have suggested. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I think they're a great idea! I keep looking for one I like to either buy or DIY. I may just have our ushers seat people wherever though to keep sides from being split up (mostly because his family is so much larger than mine).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Awww I love this!
    weddingpic
  • Options
    Thanks for the input, I think I am going to make this myself like you ladies suggested.  I just think its a very fitting idea for our ceremony since its not going to be traditional.  I love all of these ideas on Etsy and Pinterest, but definitely know its alot cheaper to do them myself, or maybe I could get my crafty FMIL to help me out with some of these projects!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards