South Dakota
Options

Photographer Help

I have been looking at prices online for wedding photographers.  I am actually looking at asking my aunt to do my photos because she is amazing at taking pictures.  Before I ask I want to have an idea of what kind of payment to offer her.  Any ideas on what is a reasonable cost for a photographer?  So far Ive seen prices from $1300 to $1600 for only 4 hours. Please help me!!!

Re: Photographer Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Sioux Falls, I've seen a lot of websites that say the cost is around $1800. Some are much less than that though. And I think it depends on what you have them do. I'm still looking around, as I feel like that's quite a hefty cost. But when you think about it, you will probably pay for quality...and 5, 10, 50 years down the road, you will cherish the photos and be thankful you spent the money. I'd make sure you can see somewhat of a portfolio of the photographer's work and make sure you like their style and then talk about pricing. 

If you're out in Rapid, Angela Pierson is really great. 
    In Sioux Falls, Patrick Frankman Photography is awesome. Studio Blu is pretty cool too. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lemmesinglemmesing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a professional photographer and I don't know if your aunt is; I have taken pictures at a few different weddings.  Because I'm not a professional and it's only a hobby and the bride knows she isn't getting a proffesional, I get paid anywhere from $600-$900.  I don't print out any pictures but I do edit them and put them on a CD.
  • Options
    nortonbailienortonbailie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The photographer was in my top 3 most important things for the big day, so I did a lot of searching. 

I'm using Chris Reistroffer (http://www.reistrofferdesign.com/wedding/). Depending on what you're wanting in your photographer, Chris is pretty reasonably priced in my opinion, maybe pushing towards the spendy side but well worth it. We were quoted $2200 and that includes the following: free session for engagement photos (I can't remember how long the session was, but he allowed us to have 2 sites), rehersal coverage, and full day-of coverage. He also keeps the day after open in case any photos need to be redone due to weather. We then get full copyrights for the images and he makes a disc of all the proofs as well as creates an album online. He doesn't do wedding albums or prints, but the website that he posts the albums on offers cheap printing options.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards