California-Los Angeles

Planning update and a question

Well, we've been engaged for 6 months now and things are definitely coming along. We still have about 13 months until the wedding. We have our venue, photographer, dj, and I may even have a dress! I even have the person who will be doing our invitations. It's exciting to see everything taking shape.

We are doing everything pretty early on so that we don't stress when it gets closer to the time. But I was wondering...how long before the wedding should the bridesmaids get their dresses? There are some amazing sales right now, but I know there will be others. A year is probably too soon for a BM dress, so I was just curious. Thanks ladies!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Planning update and a question

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know which designer you want to go with?  Most say about 4 months (max).  My ladies received theirs in a little over 2 months (they ordered through Jay's Bridal) from the Dessy line. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    No clue about designer. I've just been shopping around trying to choose something that will flatter multiple types of figures. 4 months is a good time frame to work with. I have WAY more time than that, so I'll put that subject on the back burner for now. Thank you!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have different body types then I highly suggest picking a designer within each of their price ranges, color, length, and maybe even material and let them pick their own style that flatters them.  I did this and all of my ladies appreciated it.  My girls ranged from a 0-24 and there was no way I would have found one dress that flattered all of them.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm thinking of doing something like that but I have plenty of time to decide. Everyone keeps telling me they're going to lose weight! Haha, so silly! Since I got my dress at David's Bridal, if they get it there they'll get $20 off...but like I said, plenty of time. :D
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, you do have plenty of time...but if you stumble across something you love and your girls loved some research and see if the dress might be discontinued. That was the advice I was given. I fell in LOVE with an Alfred Angelo dress and my girls also loved it so they all ordered it about a year out from our wedding. Didn't want to take any chances cause I hated everything else I was finding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards