New York-New York City

event space rental for bridal shower...

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you ladies can help! We are throwing a bridal shower in July.  We haven't picked a date yet but we need an open space to hold our shower.  We have someone who will cater the event but we have no location to hold it. Ideally we would like it to be in Manhatten or Brooklyn but are open to other locations.  The party size will be approx 40ppl.  We would prefer it to have a kitchenette if possible as well as tables and chairs.  If no tables and chairs it's ok we'll find a place to rent.

I do live in a co-op and used the community room before but it's booked up every saturday in June and July.  I've looked around a bit but the spaces are really big and pricey.  Let me know if you ladies have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: event space rental for bridal shower...

• edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!!

I hope you ladies can help! We are throwing a bridal shower in July.  We haven't picked a date yet but we need an open space to hold our shower.  We have someone who will cater the event but we have no location to hold it. Ideally we would like it to be in Manhatten or Brooklyn but are open to other locations.  The party size will be approx 40ppl.  We would prefer it to have a kitchenette if possible as well as tables and chairs.  If no tables and chairs it's ok we'll find a place to rent.

I do live in a co-op and used the community room before but it's booked up every saturday in June and July.  I've looked around a bit but the spaces are really big and pricey.  Let me know if you ladies have any suggestions.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    You may want to post this on your local board as they would be able to help you more. Also, I hope that you are a bridesmaid and not a bride throwing your own shower! Someone is supposed to throw that for you!
  • edited December 2011
    ohh right...thanks!! i haven't posted in while! =)
  • missAtobeMrsYmissAtobeMrsY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
     I know a newly renovated salon that is set up to do events.  They have a front greeting area with a bar that you could use and then rooms in the salon with glass walls that are perfect for setting up tables.  Actually the front space would be large enough for your group.  It could be a really unique shower idea. Let me know if you would be interested in seeing it.  

-Ashlie

better to e-mail me here: 
    ayair@aydzyne.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards