Delaware

Bachelorette party ideas?

The idea that my BP and I originally had fell thru, and now we need to come up with something else.  It would be for a total of maybe 10 ladies.

Thing is, I am not really interested in the "usual" bachelorette party-types.  I am not much of a drinker at all, nor much of a gambler, which rules out both AC and OC (besides that, my family and friends don't have that type of money, and I can't ask them to do that for me).  The only other thing I can think of is a spa-type day, which doesn't really thrill me, to be truthful.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I don't want something that's expensive; if I can get away with it, I would only want the girls to spend around 20 bucks each, maybe a little more. 

Too bad Three Little Bakers isn't open anymore; that would have been right up my alley.

Re: Bachelorette party ideas?

• wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about that adult version of chuckie cheese?
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I feel the same way about the drinking/gambling/spa stuff.  So I've opted just not to have a bachelorette party.  It's just something I'm not interested in doing at all.

• edited December 2011
    Why dont you go out to dinner at your favorite place, and then just spend the night at someone's house goofing around, playing games, and have a drink if you want.  I know my friends can have just as much fun in someone's living room as we can out at a bar... sometimes more fun.

In my opinion, the spa day can be just as expensive as spending a night out somewhere.
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My time back home is so sporatic I doubt I'm having a bachelorette party too. If anything fh and I will have a joint celebration between all our friends one weekend when we're out there.

I do like pp's suggestion...going out to dinner followed by staying in and playing games and maybe some fruity frozen cocktails(who doesn't love those?) sounds entertaining enough. But why not consider renting a two room hotel suite and making it a slumber party!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My bridal party & mom took me to a murder mystery dinner in philly.  It was different, but fun.

• wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would like just an at home thing & catch up w/ all the girls...but yea...if my mom gets involved or *shivers* my sister's MIL get involved...it's gonna be dead... same with the bridal shower. i want my parties to be fun...but if i am forced to include my sister's MIL (as i am to include her in the guest list) it's just gonna be really dry...i couldn't even get any good games going at my sister's bridal shower thanks to that woman..

eek sorry I ranted...it's bugging me a bit /><
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • edited December 2011
    Going to a show sounds like a good idea. How about a jewelry making party? I don't know of anyone in particular that does them but Sparkles bead shop comes to mind as a good place to start.
  • edited December 2011
    dave and buster's up in Philly?? the home idea sounds great too. umm how about going to see a play or sightseeing in nyc or philly during a day?
  • edited December 2011
    What about Dave & Buster's? Bring the child out in you?

You could go to Dave & Buster's.. enjoy dinner and then play some games. Plus if anyone invited wants a drink or two they could enjoy it without being in the full bar setting.

Or if you wanted a little fancier dinner, you could do Hibachi (D&B is in the same building, just different floors) then head upstairs to Dave & Busters, enjoy the games & drinks if you chose!

Do you like sports? I know a lot of girls that rent a bus... go down to Chickie & Pete's (cheap food and drinks).. eat some food there then go to Phillies Game. Tickets to the Phillies are rather cheap....

Just some ideas...

• edited December 2011
    Or... just thinking.. I go to WW at Independence Mall in Wilmington, which is right off 202. In the same shopping center is Celebrity Kitchens, Inc. It is a place where you go and they teach you to make food & recipes. This could be fun and enjoyable if you aren't a drinker...

Or what about bowling.. maybe Lucky Strikes in Philadelphia. I have never been but I heard it's a lot of fun and provides you fun with drink and a restaurant options too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards