North Carolina-Outer Banks

Just Married in Duck

My husband and I just got married in Duck, at the Grande Ritz Palm

The house was amazing, perfect setting for the wedding, but could use some maintenance.

The Embellishers did our flowers and they were above and beyond what i had expected! everyone raved over the flowers.

The Catering Connection (The Magnolia Grille) was a caterer, I wasn't sure about them to beginning with, but they exceeded my expectations, everything was delicious.

Rev. Bob Woody did the ceremony and he did a great job, he was very helpful.

Sue Artz (OBX Violin) did the ceremony music and DJ the reception, she was awesome, she basically served as my wedding planner, she helped me with so many vendors and was always very prompt to return calls and emails

Moving Art Productions did the photography, Genevieve and Chad were so great to work with, they both came and did our photos and were patient with us, and our wedding party, everyone loved them!

Re: Just Married in Duck

• edited December 2011
    First, Congrats!    I'm getting married at the Grande Ritz next May.  I have been very curious about the table setup - how were they setup? 

Did you do the reception inside or outside?   What needs maintenance?

I have a ton of questions, I'm sorry but I'm sure you can relate!

Do you have any other suggestions/recommendations? 

Again, I'm sorry for peppering you with questions but any information you can give me would be very much appreciated!
  • amberilcamberilc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lindzer, i sent you a private message, not sure if you got it. but you can email me any questions you have if you would like. amberilc@hotmail.com  The house is very nice but some basic maintaince is lacking, nothing that should effect your wedding, there were loose tiles in some rooms, and even some cracked tiles, they said they fix those all at the end of the year when rental season is over, so they may be fixed when you visit.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey sorry for the delay! Thank you so much for getting back to me.  I'm going to check out the house in October so maybe the basic maintenance will be fixed.  I'm thinking about using the Embellishers... did you do the day of coordinator package?  If so, what did you think?  

Also, did you do a rehearsal dinner there?  If so, any suggestons?

Thanks again for all of your help!  It's nice to be able to chat with someone who has the same venue!
  • amberilcamberilc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not use them for day of coordinators, but they seemed like they would be really awesome! they were great to work with. We did have the rehearsal dinner there, we just had the dinner on the main floor there was plenty of seating, it was too hot to eat outside, but if you wanted to do it outside, they would probably set the tables up for you early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards