Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First Dance song-Alternative PLEASE HELP!!

My fiancee and I like alternative music like Death Cab for Cutie, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic zeros, Mumford and sons etc. All of "our songs" are too fast to slow dance to. Do you have any suggestions for alternative songs for our first dance??
Thanks!
Jen

Re: First Dance song-Alternative PLEASE HELP!!

• Options
    What about "Home" by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros...I think you could make that work as a first dance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Why have you overlooked "Stay Young, Go Dancing", "The Passenger Seat", or "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by DCFC?

You should check out...

Iron and Wine cover of the Postal Service " Such Great Heights"
    "Mario Kart Love Song" by Sam Hart
    John Allred (known as Allred on iTunes) cover albums (4 of them), Check out some of his videos here.
    "Wonderwall" by Oasis is a popular choice
    "Like Someone In Love" Bjork
    "Brand New Colony" the Postal Service
    "Between Two Lungs" or "Cosmic Love" Florence and The Machine (questionable love songs, form your own opinions)
  • Options
    Thanks! I don't know why i overlooked stay young go dancing but I love that song!
  • Options
    CTJennyCTJenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    The First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
    Hysteric by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the acoustic verision is amazing! I'm trying to get my fi to go with that one.
    Chris Cornell did a beautiful version of Thank You by Led Zepplin
    No One's Gonna Love You by Band of Horses
    Anyone Else But You by the Moldy Peaches
    Sea of Love by Catpower

Not necessarily indie or alternative but God Only Knows by the Beach Boys is an oldie but a goody. I'd use that but my friends did.

I could go on, let me know if you need more. :)
  • Options
    you can also try a chris cornell song .... he has some really nice alternative songs with a lovey twist ....

were dancing to finally forever by chris cornell ... he also is one of our favorite artists

hth
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards