Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

I hate looking at my wedding pics and video- is that normal?

Here's the thing: Ever since my wedding, I don't even want to look at any of my wedding pictures and especially the video (It was very stressful leading up to the day and I had a NUMBER of wardrobe malfunctions throughout the day including that my bustle broke, my strapless dress was waaay too big wvwn after the final fitting, so the top of my dress sagged and looked awful from every angle, and a few other things). I cringe whenever someone asks to see my pictures because it just relives how bad I looked on my big day. I thought my wedding pictures were something that I'd like to look at, but I just didn't feel that I looked like a beautiful bride and I don't even want to have any memory of how I looked on that day.

Don't get me wrong, it was a very happy day and I am married to the most wonderful guy, but I just don't even want to look at myself in any of those pics because I hate them. It's really the way that the dress looked that makes me the most upset and is the real reason why I cant stand to see the pics.

Is there something wrong with me? Or does anyone else feel like that about their wedding pics and/or video?

Re: I hate looking at my wedding pics and video- is that normal?

• I suspect you don't look nearly as bad as you think you do in your pictures.  Everyone is their own worst critic.  When you look at your pictures, you're probably only focusing on what you think looks bad.  A girl on my club board had her dress bustled backwards and didn't realize it until she got the pictures.  She was horrified but no one could tell it was wrong.

Now look at your face in the pictures of you and your DH together - do you look happy?  I bet you do and that's beautiful right there.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm kind of going through the same thing.

I was having so much fun at my reception that I did not stop to go to the bathroom or look in the mirror ONCE. To my horror, my hair is a complete DISASTER in all of my reception photographs. I was really upset at first (ok, I even cried quite a few times) but  I just keep telling myself that the reason my hair looks crazy is becuase I was dancing my butt off and having the best night of my life! I was having too much fun to even care what I looked like (So not me-I have an eyelash curler on me at all times).

I hope you eventually start to feel better about your pictures too. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • This is waaay late, but I'm sorry to hear this. I agree with the first poster, we really are our worst critics. I hope that over time it'll get better. Not sure if this is an option, but could you do another photography session, maybe a TTD? That way you could have some pictures you're more satisfied with, and you'd get the chance to wear your dress again, fixed the way you want it. I think that would make you feel better. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards