Registry and Gift Forum

Gift for Dad

Im having a difficult time finding a gift for my dad. Initially I bought a golf putter that I was going to have engraved but I just found out he bought one. Now I have no idea. He doesnt need cuff links/shot glases/flasketc. I want something more unique thats not on a Things Remembered page.. He enjoys golfing, fishing and hunting. He already has good knives for those already. I would like to buy him something that I can engrave. I plan on getting both him and my mom a frame but I want something else..any idea? Thank you!!

Re: Gift for Dad

• To you think he would like something engraved from that store Things Remembered? Maybe a money clip or a business card holder?
  • Could you maybe buy him an "experience" gift?  Maybe a round of golf somewhere really nice, or tickets to a sporting event or concert?

If you're open to gifts that he and your mom can share (assuming they are still together), then maybe a gift certificate to a really nice restaraunt or a weekend at a B&B?
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gift-for-dad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:a321fd9d-e26e-4958-a928-5416bb5a3c07Post:6fd44aab-deed-4697-ab10-2d9392ae4fcf">Re: Gift for Dad</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Could you maybe buy him an "experience" gift?  Maybe a round of golf somewhere really nice, or tickets to a sporting event or concert?</strong> If you're open to gifts that he and your mom can share (assuming they are still together), then maybe a gift certificate to a really nice restaraunt or a weekend at a B&B?
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

This.  Or maybe an experience gift you can do together (with your husband, too, if he's up to that kind of thing).  My dad would be much more appreciative of quality time with me than of something engraved (part of the reason my husband and I are getting tickets for the three of us for a ball game for his birthday).

I also like the B&B or another ieda that could be used by both of your parents if they are together.

Also, is there something significant from your childhood that you and he share that you could use?  I thought about getting a copy of the book my dad read to me every night for years and writing a letter inside it, but I couldn't find a copy and, to be honest, he would NEVER have made it down the aisle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gift-for-dad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:a321fd9d-e26e-4958-a928-5416bb5a3c07Post:a744e60f-ec92-4b6d-be99-132545ad8bf3">Gift for Dad</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im having a difficult time finding a gift for my dad. Initially I bought a golf putter that I was going to have engraved but I just found out he bought one. Now I have no idea. He doesnt need cuff links/shot glases/flasketc. I want something more unique thats not on a Things Remembered page.. He enjoys golfing, fishing and hunting. He already has good knives for those already. I would like to buy him something that I can engrave. I plan on getting both him and my mom a frame but I want something else..any idea? Thank you!!
    Posted by Hergies143[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>FI is a golfer, he couldn't have enough clubs!  I wouldn't let the fact that your dad just bought another putter deter you from giving him the one you bought, plus it's already paid for!  Like the experience idea too, tho!

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gift-for-dad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:a321fd9d-e26e-4958-a928-5416bb5a3c07Post:ba7bf062-9495-4148-99f7-62def30c5bac">Re: Gift for Dad</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I thought about getting a copy of the book my dad read to me every night for years and writing a letter inside it, but I couldn't find a copy and, to be honest, he would NEVER have made it down the aisle.
    Posted by mbrischoux[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>i love this idea, and am totally stealing it. you are a GENIUS

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards