Tennessee

Information for an outdoor Pigeon Forge Wedding

We are planning an outdoor wedding in Pigeon Forge, Tn about mid June. We would like to have the ceremony around twilight. Just when lights start coming on but you can still see where you're going. Sunset is listed as 8:50pm but sometimes with trees it gets very dark way before the sunsets. Does anyone know roughly when twilight hits? Also, what the weather is like around that time? Does it still feel chilly? Is is humid? Foggy? Are there a lot of mosquitoes and bugs? Lastly is there anything you have experienced around June that you feel would be a negative or positive to having a wedding outdoors? Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Information for an outdoor Pigeon Forge Wedding

• leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say that time is pretty spot on for twilight depending on you exact location. Weather should be warm to hot and good possablility of it being humid.There are tons of bugs and misquitoes in the area. You will be in the mountians but in reality they shouldn't be too much hassle beyond what you'd normally expect by being outside in the summer. 

June is prime wedding/tourist season for the area so I'm sure everything will be just fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in this area & it's definitely not chilly in June.  Be advised that it is very humid in East TN, especially if a storm is approaching or has just passed.  Because Pigeon Forge is in the mountains, the hot air seems to get "trapped" in.  Having the ceremony later in the evening will help with that, though.  We do have quite a bit of mosquitos, especially around areas of water.  Our sun usually sets late in the evening during the summer months, so I would say that the 8:50 listing is pretty accurate.  Depending on your location, the trees/environment could play a factor in the lighting.  Overall, though, I think June is a great month for a summer outdoor wedding in Pigeon Forge.  I definitely wouldn't go any later than June! Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards