Louisiana-New Orleans

Make Me Up & Albert Brown?

For hair and makeup, Make Me Up & Albert Brown, both on Magazine, were recommended to me.  I am an out of town bride and will not have a chance for a trial until the week of the wedding.  Has anyone been to either before? Any reviews/information would be helpful! Thanks!

Re: Make Me Up & Albert Brown?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't heard about Albert Brown, but my hair stylist recommended Make Me Up.  I am not sure I'll be doing professional make up though.  I've also heard good things about Pixie (also on Magazine Straight). 
  • clroskiclroski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was an out of town bride as well....I didn't hear of either of your choices, but I know that Heather with Flawless Bride did my hair and make-up as well as my wedding party!  I met with her 3 days before my wedding for a trial and couldn't have been happier!  I know that having a trial that close to your actual wedding can be stressful since you don't know the people.  She will do your hair and make-up at the hotel your are staying at so you won't have to worry about travelling on your big day!  She did a wonderful job and I would highly recommend her to anyone!  Best of Luck!

Courtney
  • edited December 2011
    I would try the Aveda salons....
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, I haven't heard of them either. However, I am using Two Sisters http://www.twosistershairandmakeup.com/. They come highly recommended from a friend who used them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just Face It Beauty is who I reccomend....Jessica H. did KB and her wedding party....she does excellent hair and makeup, travels, and most importantly is reliable, and timely......she is a joy to work with......she previously was with Flawless
  • edited December 2011
    I live a few blocks from Make Me Up and Albert Brown and I think they are WAY overpriced. If budget is no problem, go for it. It is nice that they are next door to eachother but other than that I dont think that they are worth the price. If budget is a concern, do some more research. I am using  AHB Hair and Makeup. http://www.facebook.com/AHBWEDDINGANDEVENTS#!/AHBWEDDINGANDEVENTS?v=wall

Her background has been in theater makeup and I think it makes a HUGE difference since she really seems to have a handle on lighting, doing makeup for photos, etc. I'm not sure if you were planning on going to Make Me Up the morning of but I think it will be much easier on you if your artist goes to your hotel room. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards