Illinois
Options

Of all the places to get married..

I am extremely shocked that no bridal sites give more care to those is northern illinois. I live 15 minutes from the wisconson border so I am truly finding no help anywhere as most things I find are either in chicago or milwaukee.

Re: Of all the places to get married..

• Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Most of the wedding-related sites I've been to think that IL is made up entirely of Chicago, so I feel your pain.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    mcweiss1mcweiss1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the same area - anything in particular you are looking for? I am in Lake County. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, basically nothing exists outside of Chicago, according to The Knot. They just now got Central IL on board, like 2 months ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was trying to find anywhere that wasn't a golf course. For me I don't like the tone it sets
  • Options
    epritchardepritchard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah.  The knot kind of has a blind eye to non-Chicago Illinois.  If you are looking for some nice venues near the border with WI, I would check into Galena, IL.  Eagle Ridge, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Pheasant Run Resort? I had a couple who had their wedding there earlier this year and while, yes, there is a golf course, the inside was actually better than the outside. From a photographer's perspective, that is really a rarity. 
    I loved editing the indoor shots. They have a whole Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street theme (without the nudity lol) that makes for an amazing setting. The reception room even had a balcony so the major dances from above were awesome! 
    Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards