Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

candy buffet

Hey ladies I just love to idea and look of a candy buffet with all the retro candy of our childhood. I would really love to have one and use this as the favors. My dilemma is that at this point we have 138 guest, I am not sure if it is practical to do it with that number of guest. I do not want to have to keep filling the jars up on my wedding day. I have yet to ask the catering hall if they could help keep the jars full.
If any of you are having candy buffets for a large number of guests please let me know how you plan to manage setting it up and the refills.
Thanks
K
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: candy buffet

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just try to find really large glass containers when you do it and maybe have half a dozen choices are so...I wouldn't worry about filling anything.  I highly doubt you'll run out with that many people.  Some people won't take any, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having 175 people & i am just having my DOC make sure its under control , but i highly doubt that that will be problem .
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • priv1124priv1124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you plan on having 6 choices for 170 people, how do you know how much candy to have available?  Any ideas??

• edited December 2011
    I just set up a candy buffet for 230 people on June 1pth in Cleveland.  We used large vases, jars, etc. We had approx 100 pounds of mixed cady.  If you think the candy wont's go, wrong it will.  Once the candy buffet was "open" everyone surronded it and cleared it out within a half hour.  The bar was empty and the candy buffet was getting out of control.  We use all types of candy.  you can accent your colors by using ribbons and tulle around the vases.  I thought a candy buffet was a crazy idea until I seen how it went over.  Have fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards