August 2013 Weddings

Wedding Dress Shopping - First Time!

I'm going wedding dress shopping for the first time tonight! I'm so excited! We made the appointment on Monday and I've been counting down the days, haha. This is the one part of wedding planning I've really looked forward to! =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping - First Time!

• Good luck.  I hope you find something you love!  Do you have any dresses in mind?
  • Have fun and let us know how it goes!
  • yay so exciting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • UPDATE: I SAID YES TO THE DRESS! :D 

I was traveling to go to an Alfred Angelo bridal store specifically because I wanted to try on his Belle from the first collection dress. I told myself I might not like it and to keep my mind open to other dresses. I tried on 5 different dresses, including other styles, but in the end I just knew it....It was the Belle dress!

My consultant was the BEST and really helped me feel at ease. She also helped me focus on what I liked and didn't like on each dress so we could find out what I really wanted. For example, I always loved ball gowns, but she helped me realize that I loved the drop waist since it helped me seem longer (I'm only 5'1") whereas the ones coming out from the waist make me look super short. I didn't even think I would like the dropped waist!

So YES, I'm super excited. =) I also bought my veil there and it's still so surreal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I know exactly which dress that is, congratulations! It is so pretty. Glad you had a good experience at AA too. I just found my dress there, but I've been waiting til FI is not around to post some pictures. I had a very similar experience where my consultant convinced me to try dropped waist and then I loved it. Congrats again, now for the hard part, waiting to take it home!
  • Haha, no kidding! I want to put it back on right now! I'm glad you had such a good experience as well. =)

Only one of my four bridesmaids was able to make it to the appointment, but they told me that if I get my bridesmaids dresses at the store, they'll let me put the sample dress back on so that my other bridesmaids can see it in person. I thought that was awfully nice of them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congrats! Glad you had such a great time and were able to find your dress!
  • Yes totally! I think I'll use them for my BM dresses too, the 20 discount makes them extremely reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards