New Jersey

South Gate Manor - Half of Room

Hello! I am having my reception at the south gate manor in freehold new jersey in May - we could not guarantee 200 people so will be getting half the ballroom. I was wondering if anyone else has used half the ballroom there and what your experience was like. I think we will have around 180 people. I feel that the full ballroom would hav been too big for this group but am worried half will be too cramped. Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

Re: South Gate Manor - Half of Room

• I got married at south gae manor in december and had the full ballroom with about 200 guests. I think that the half room will be fine for your amount of people! if you want, try to youtube videos of the venue. sometimes, dj's will post a video from that night and it may give you a better idea of what the room will look like. good luck!
  • I had about 201 ppl in the whole room & the dance floor ended up being HUGE.  Even with a lot of ppl dancing on it, it still seemed empty.  My friend had about 180 & they didn't book another event that day so they gave her the whole room.  Maybe you will get lucky like she did.  If you do get the whole room, maybe have them put the tables a little closer to the middle of the room so the dance floor isn't so huge. 

The SGM is amazing - I couldn't believe how Bob our Maitre D also Jennifer (I think that was her name) my "lady in waiting" were on top of everything.  They totally directed us to do the right thing at the right time w/o others noticing.  The food, the service - it is just top notch.  I can't wait to go to another wedding there, too bad I don't know anyone else left to get married :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards