Nebraska

Omaha Receptions?

I am in desperate need of a reception site in Omaha, NE.  I need the hall to be reasonably priced- ideally less than 1,000.  I would hope they allow outside catering which can lower our costs.  Any ideas?!!  I have looked quite a bit but most halls are very expensive!  Any creative thoughts?

Thank you in advance,

Nate and Kristi

Re: Omaha Receptions?

• edited December 2011
    Link to a very comprehensive list -- maybe there are some options that you've overlooked.  GL!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • csciscoecsciscoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Scoular Ballroom is kind of amazing. It is a little more than $1000 but they allow you to bring in your own caterer and alcohol vendor, they have a list of people you can use, but there are a few that are very reasonably priced! Hope that helps.
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Legacy Hall in Omaha is a little over $1000 ($1300 on a friday night, plus a $500 deposit, but that is refunded afterwards), but you're able to bring in your own caterer and alcohol. I'm personally using Schierbrocks Grocery & Catering out of Neola, IA and I am paying $8.50/pp for a buffet, which includes 2 meats, 2 potatoes, 3 veggies, 2 salads, bread, coffee, tea, plus all plates and utensils. So for $200 people it's costing me $1700 for all the food. HTH! =]
  • edited December 2011
    St. John Vianny has a really nice hall.  The fee is $1150 but it includes two bartenders and security.  You pick your own caterer and stock your own bar. 
  • kat20012002kat20012002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try Millard Plaza Ballroom. Dee was great to work with and was affordable. I don't think she lets you bring in your own food but her food was reasonably priced.
  • jrudy1113jrudy1113 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Millard Plaza Ballroom is wonderful and Dee's food is delicious.  Her roast beef is the best in the City.
  • edited December 2011
    Bellevue Volunteer Firefighter Hall
    http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Bellevue.Volunteer.Firefighter.Hall.402-681-5080

its around $600

jennifer
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Natural birthing,home birthing,baby wearing,breastfeeding,nonvax,midwife/emt/firefighter mom of four, hoping for number five
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_omaha-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:654Discussion:b0c183a1-0991-494b-beaa-c444a71437c5Post:70988bed-9b2a-46d8-aecf-1a374841e180">Re: Omaha Receptions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Link to a very comprehensive list -- maybe there are some options that you've overlooked.  GL!
    Posted by veritasatori[/QUOTE]

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing - I am in a similar predicament! :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Millard Plaza Ballroom and I can't wait!!!  thanks Ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards