Wedding Reception Forum

How to make regular chairs fit the look?

To save money I am planning to use the chairs that the recpetion hall has, they are the plan tan hard folding chairs. Is there anything that anyone can think of to make them see more appealing? My wedding colors are blue and silver.

Thanks!

Re: How to make regular chairs fit the look?

• i agree with PP   pple arent going to remember what he chairs look like or even care :) i wnet to a weddi bit ago and i cant remember wha the chairs looked like :) HTH
  • Our venue provides those red cushioned chairs you see everywhere and we were going to do chair covers but...meh. It was $2.00 a cover and $1.00 a sash and we invited about 200 people. We weren't going to spend an extra $600 on chair covers. It became a non-issue for us. I think you'll be fine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had plain black folding chairs.  I have one picture out of 1000 from my photographer where you can really see what the chairs looked like.

No one cares what the chairs look like, they just care if they have a place to sit.  Save your money.

• If you are using the chairs that come with the venue to save money, it doesn't really make sense to spend money to change the way they look.  If you have the budget and really hate the chairs, then just rent better chairs rather than trying to disguise the chairs that are there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_how-to-make-regular-chairs-fit-the-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:5e9936d5-a3ea-410d-b522-373d1f6d7524Post:a92d30a8-1af6-4a8c-9bc1-f116466dda25">How to make regular chairs fit the look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To save money I am planning to use the chairs that the recpetion hall has, they are the plan tan hard folding chairs. Is there anything that anyone can think of to make them see more appealing? My wedding colors are blue and silver. Thanks!
    Posted by thales8833[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thats a great question, I think that if you are trying to go for any look you may as well just throw some sashes on your chair, they are MUCH cheaper than chair covers and they look just as good, with plenty of options to choose from! At LinenTablecloth.com we offer satin and organza sashes in up to 28 colors from 7-9$ for a pack of 10 (depending on what material of course) Its a really great deal and I think its what you might need to add some life and color to your wedding!  </div><div>
    </div><div>MM of <a href="http://www.LinenTablecloth.com" rel="nofollow">www.LinenTablecloth.com</a>

</div>
  • as long as the tablecloth and decor is nice, nobody will care about your chairs. not to mention, when everyone's butt is in a seat, you'll barely see them. =)
  • I agree with the above comments to an extent, but in my experience, I see lots of photos with tables dressed so elegantly and chairs that stick out like sore thumbs!  It really does take away from the elegance you are trying to create if the chairs are hideous.  In your case, tan chairs will really clash with the silver and blue palette.  I recommend looking into comparing the cost of chair covers over renting nicer chairs.
    You can purchase chair covers for as little as $2 each, and sashes (if needed) for as little as .75 each.   
    Hope another point of view is helpful.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards