Texas-Austin
Options

BBQ caterers in Austin

Looking for some good inexpensive BBQ caterers in Austin ladies...any suggestions.

Re: BBQ caterers in Austin

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about their pricing, but Capital BBQ was at the bridal extravaganza, and thier samples were delicious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Salt Lick and their food is amazing and they have been wonderful to deal with.
    My Bio - From beginning to end, see how I planned my wedding on my Bio Website! "There will be a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Hot Iron BBQ at the rec of another knottie. It's seriously the best BBQ I've ever tasted and they beat any other price I was quoted. 
  • Options
    sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're looking into Uncle Billy's, Capital BBQ, and PokeJos. We want to do bbq but don't want the same old typical beans and coleslaw sides and these caterers offer many opitions.
  • Options
    hollyshea1107hollyshea1107 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Blacks BBQ in Lockhart and they were fantastic.  The owner, Ken, handled everything, even came out with the staff to our wedding to make sure everything went according to plan.  They were the best price we were able to find, and didn't add  extra fees for delivery (to Dripping Springs area)  and servers, it was all in the per person price.  The food was delicious, and I'm not even a bbq girl, it was the one thing that DH had a real opinion about it so I let him pick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Uncle Billy's and LOVED it!! We tried 3-4 different places. They were super cheap (under $10/head), and included two meats, three sides, and all the fixin's. We also got the super yummy lemonade that was a hit! They delivered, set up, served, and cleaned up. The food was so good we have had many people ask where it was from. We like it so much we even went there for dinner last night (I was craving the mac and cheese - it happens). We used Kristine Morton and she was incredibly sweet and helpful. When we went for our tasting, she literally let us try everything on the menu and it was all good. If you want her contact information, let me know!

(can you tell this was one of my fav. vendors?)
  • Options
    j_cornaj_corna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using PokeJo's they have been great to work with and really reasonable. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Hot Iron BBQ for our wedding last month and they are amazing! It was all the rage and our guests are still commenting about our food.. They come with the highest recommendation!!! If you need any contact info, feel free to shoot me an email.

p.s. they were $4 per person cheaper than salt lick based on the quotes at the time..

mattjenniwedding at yahoo dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The last wedding I went to had Louie Mueller BBQ. It was really REALLY GOOD and I know my friend said it was reasonably priced--they were on a bit of a tight budget. They are located in Taylor, TX.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards